Chat or no chat?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want a Freaks chat on this site?

• Yes, I miss the chat room

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Yes, I didn't know about it, but would use it if available

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • No, chat was a fad that has passed

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • No, never used it, never will

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Yes, but only if there were organized chats with VIPs

Votes: 14 26.9%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
In the recent upgrade of the forum the chat link got left off the navigation bar. After almost a month I've only had one person ask - where'd it go?

For those that don't know - we had a chat here like the one on the Sideshow site that's only open during events. But this one was always open where Freaks could visit in real time with each other.

So here's the poll:

I usually only do the "official" Sideshow chats, so I voted for the special chats with VIP's option... I'm just not much of a chatter really. Two or three times a year use up my annual capacity of chat! :rotfl

I'm with Lonnie, typically I only chat during official Sideshow events. I haven't used the Freaks chat in a long long time. If I want to chat with someone I typically use MSN or XBox Live Multiplayer!

I didn't know there was a chat. Maybe I would use it, especially during newsletter nights, or big events. I think most of us can say or ask the questins we want via normal posting methods.

It's been a long time since I've been in chat, but I used to really enjoy it because we'd talk about anything and everything. It just seemed that slowly from week to week fewer and fewer people were going.

With so many growing numbers at Freaks (a lot who probably weren't even aware of chat), maybe we could get it going again.

On second thought...I don't like any of you. Forget it.

It was fun to log onto the chat every so often. Haven't done it in a while, but its a nice option to have.

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3 No chat.Theres already one on Sideshows site for special events.

Oh come on peeps. I'm tired of sitting in there talking to myself. :lol It would be nice to see more Freaks pop in form time to time. Heck, I try and get on as soon as I hit the site, but it's so cold and dark and lonely in there.:rotfl But I have it bookmarked in IRC, so I didn't even notice the chat link was gone. I say put it back up and let the Freaks come as they please, or not...whichever strikes yer fancy. :D

Meh. I always thought chat would be useful if I needed to talk to someone in real-time but I have never had a occasion to use it. I don't really care either way.

didnt really use it but a couple times, but I guess my question is why would we not reinstall the chat? is it a pain in the ass or something??

I'm with Lonnie, typically I only chat during official Sideshow events. I haven't used the Freaks chat in a long long time. If I want to chat with someone I typically use MSN or XBox Live Multiplayer!

What he said

I want the chat as an option but I definitely want there to be a time when everyone goes in there- kind of like an event. It's just so empty usually.

Just because the link to the chat wasn't on the menu doesn't mean the chat was down or inaccessible. I'm in there 24/7, HAPPYBOY and TC are on daily and we continued to get new chatters that I didn't even realize that the link wasn't there. My guess is a lot of people had the link in their favorites, or use a real IRC client.

That being said there definitely is a lot less traffic on Thursdays than there usually was, I think most people just forget about us. The main problem tends to be people join and within 2 seconds expect someone to greet them and entertain them, I think if people would just say something and give us a minute to respond there would be a lot more activity.

SSF is one of many channels on the network so if there isn't any activity in there there's always the lobby which usually has 40-50 people in it, or there's Trivia, Hangman, Idle RPG, etc. At our last party in the lobby we gave away a few thousand dollars worth of prizes, had guest chats, games, etc. so you guys have been missing out on quite a bit of fun.

I prefer the chat style we had on the old board. If we could go back to something like that I would be in. Otherwise I'll say nah.

where else can we talk to the wonderful Pam??

I'm sorry Hy, but I never bookmarked it since I could always enter from the link before. :(

I like Chat function. Don't always get there, especially in the past coupla months, but like the idea that I can pop in and talk to a fellow Freak in real time if I had a few moments. Even if it's just to say hi. It was Chat that got me to become a full participant with the Freaks. It's because I got to know some of them so well (as well as cyberspace allows) that I wound up going to my first SDCC in 05 -- so I could meet my fellow geeks and meet the great folks at Sideshow (they were a bit more able to be in chat back then). And I found out that they were just as great in person as online. I remember the Newsletter watch (when NL was being sent out on Fridays) where we would spend time with each other in conjecturing what was gonna be announced...sometimes singing to each oher to pass the time. (yeah, that was pretty lame...but FUN also) And because I got more familiar with folks in chat, their posts -- no matter how off the wall -- were a lot easier to absorb and appreciate, even during the occasional flame war. I miss the camaraderie and bonding among the disparate that chat gave us an opportunity to establish.

Back