Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

Oooo that Han head does look nice. I should get mine Monday and I might do the same.

How's it look on the Bespin Han?

It looks okay I think. This is just a quick mock up. I didn't add the belt for the pants.

It could probably pass until HT does one..
20170402_103132.jpg

You don't want to see the POS HT will put out. It's just a shame this head is a re-cast/counterfeit of MJ Choi's Indiana Jones. It's a Kit Chen hypocrite special.

Yeah, it's a tad big. That picture makes it look bigger than it really is though. It also isn't really placed on the body properly. I used a TT slim knockoff.

If I display it at all, it's going to be with the Hoth Han set up.

20170401_205653.jpg

I probably will hack it up to get it to fit inside that hatted Hoth sculpt.

Yeah, it's a tad big. That picture makes it look bigger than it really is though. It also isn't really placed on the body properly. I used a TT slim knockoff.

If I display it at all, it's going to be with the Hoth Han set up.

View attachment 333846

I probably will hack it up to get it to fit inside that hatted Hoth sculpt.

Yeah, I was just playing around with the brown parka and with hood-up I kind of like this head that way - even if it defeats the purpose of the all-new ESB hair.:lol

This head is very similar to the SSC Indy German head, which has a similar cartoony jawline. With that one, I used it on an Indy Arab disguise figure and it looked better because the headscarf covers the jawline a bit. That's why I think the Hoth hood-up might be the way to go with this as it hides the slightly cartoony jaw with the scarf and lower hood.

That would probably work as those are same 2 things I don't like about it (chin/hair)

Yeah, the likeness in the central part of the face is great. Han's ESB hair is a very tough one to make look right.

Only problem is I have everything else but I missed out on an extra pair of the Hoth boots - the only part I'm missing to do a Han Hoth out of this OSK head.:gah:

Have to attack the Hasbro Hoth boots. But I did that for my custom Luke Wampa attack and they came out pretty nice but it was a total pain.:lol

It sure seems like most of you guys are starting or have started your own threads featuring your projects. So after a lot of thinking and a HUGE push from Mark (thanks mate!!:)), I have decided to do the same.

I have a lot of random stuff I am always working on. I figured I could just throw all my stuff/pictures in one thread instead of starting a new thread for every character or project.

I will try to keep this thread going and updated with pictures. I will also be posting a lot of pictures of past customs.

I hope you guys enjoy this thread. I know I am not as talented as many of you on here, I just hope I can inspire others to get into this great hobby. If not for this board and seeing the work of Mark, CBob, Duane and so many others, I probably never would have had the stones to mod a $100 figure. If I can do it, so can you. Plus, I really, really enjoy seeing pictures!! :D

Anyways, here is what I am working on at the moment. I am repainting all of the SSC's Sandtroopers and adding Marmit buckets. I sprayed them all with primer and then flat white. I am using grounded up pastels/chalk instead of paint. I am then sealing them with dullcoat. Here are some work in prigress pictures...

chaka1.jpg

chaka2.jpg

Chaka3.jpg

Mark, thanks again for the Marmit buckets!!

Chris

Hi Chris. I was referred to you by some members here.
Would you be up for repainting my Medicom MAFEX 1/12 scale Bvs:DoJ Wonder Woman head?

Let me know, thanks.

This is the figure I'd like repainted (just the face/headsculpt):

Last edited:
Big shot out to Duane, aka "Master Enaud". For the past few months he and I had been discussing a solution on how to do Lando's skiff guard boots/sandals.

He took it upon himself to just sculpt them. Well, they arrived the other day and they are fantastic. He also upgraded his wrist armor.

Duane, I know you been pretty busy with other things the past few months. I can't thank you enough for sending me these. I am looking forward to finally having this guy on the shelves.

Attachments

• 20170504_182146.jpg
    20170504_182146.jpg
    695 KB · Views: 191
Those look awesome Chris (& Duane!).

I'm currently working on my own Skiff Lando... so his fancy footwear is fresh on the brain. Digging what you guys came up with.

Those look awesome Chris (& Duane!).

I'm currently working on my own Skiff Lando... so his fancy footwear is fresh on the brain. Digging what you guys came up with.

Thanks, but Duane's did all of the work.

The tough part is going to be finding the time to work on him. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Lando.

Very nicely done, Strange but I've been doing exactly the same.
I'm still not happy with the tops of mine so may well sculpt those too.
For some reason these boots seem to create problems for everyone.
You should both be happy with your results, they look sweet

Very nicely done, Strange but I've been doing exactly the same.
I'm still not happy with the tops of mine so may well sculpt those too.
For some reason these boots seem to create problems for everyone.
You should both be happy with your results, they look sweet

Interesting.

Yeah, this has definitely been a tough riddle for us to try to figure out. :)

Back