Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol..sorry...i was looking at your sandtroopers from like page 1...man, how did you paint in the black? ive got one right now and im having so many issues with it...i cant paint small details anymore by the looks of it...very envious of your mad skills...keep up the awesome work and keep them coming...cant wait to see what you come up with next...

heres mine so far...lots to do..
stormy1.jpg

Hey everyone, I am going to go upstairs and mix another Kraken and Diet Dr. Pepper. Does anyone need a tutorial on that? I mix kraken rum and diet dr pepper with ice. I can take pics if need be. WTF?

I'll meet you in the cantina in five. I hope there's no pesky farmboys in there. I DON'T like them.

Sorry for the rant last night guys. :)

lol..sorry...i was looking at your sandtroopers from like page 1...man, how did you paint in the black? ive got one right now and im having so many issues with it...i cant paint small details anymore by the looks of it...very envious of your mad skills...keep up the awesome work and keep them coming...cant wait to see what you come up with next...

Thanks man. I just painted the black with a fine tip brush and black acrylic paint. I need to go back and touch them up as I just looked at the pics.

Yours looks nice and crisp at the moment, so far so good. I would just work on the black outlines first and then work your way in. Maybe a coat of gloss over the black would make it look better as well?

I'll meet you in the cantina in five. I hope there's no pesky farmboys in there. I DON'T like them.

Missed you last night Mando, where were you?? :D

Hi Chaka,

My Weequay isn't going so well so can I have your Vest?

Thanks!

Well played sir! :rotfl:lol

:lol..............that is all.

:exactly: you two have summed up the last couple pages of this thread perfectly.

C'mon Chris, you know we need details! Is the Dr. Pepper in a can? A bottle? We need to know! Help us!!!

If you really must know, it was from a can, but just half of the can. :)

heres mine so far...lots to do..
stormy1.jpg

Have you tried starting off with the outline using a fine line artist pen ? Once you get a good crisp line , it's a ( relatively ) simple job to fill the rest of the black with your choice of paint . :wink1:

Hey everyone, I am going to go upstairs and mix another Kraken and Diet Dr. Pepper. Does anyone need a tutorial on that? I mix kraken rum and diet dr pepper with ice. I can take pics if need be. WTF?

Kraken Rum, eh? My wife turns into Marion Ravenwood when that stuffs around. :)

SR, here are a few pictures of my Sandtrooper setup. If I ever get some spare time I am going to go back and touch them up. I need to clean up the paintwork on the helmets a bit. Its kinda sloppy in a few places.

The Sandtrooper in the back corner is the "Desert Sands" version straight out of the box. I need to spray him and then weather him up as well. He doesnt exactly "fit in" at the moment. :)

DSC077811000x625_zps2bfb3433.jpg

DSC077821000x556_zps3246f703.jpg

DSC077841000x563_zps2df8708d.jpg

Id like to find a couple more Marmit Sandtrooper buckets, they are so much better than SSC's buckets.

Id like to find a couple more Marmit Sandtrooper buckets, they are so much better than SSC's buckets.

What makes the Marmit bucket better than the SSC? I have never seen a SSC Sandie in hand, but have the Marmit version in storage. People seem to say there are quite a few problems with the SSC Sandie accuracy wise, but it always looks pretty cool in the quick pics (I almost bought the desert sands version)

yea..i need to buy a nice thin tipped marker to do stuff like that with...maybe next time im at hobby lobby...
your stuff looks sweet, chaka...i did however notice that you are missing the side vents too...funny thing..if you watch the movie, the vents are just decals too..they arent actually vents..like you would think...go figure...lol...

hey chaka i bought couple of heads off of duane today ree-yees and takeel.could you lmk where you got the pants for booth ree-yees takeel

Last edited:
hey chaka i bought couple of heads off of duane today ree-yees and takeel.canyou direct me to where you got the pants for booth ree and takeel so i can grabe them and what body did you use for both of them.and if you couldbe so kind and direct me to find the outfits for the following charactors.
1 wooof
2 nikto
3 nysad and what did you make for all his straps
4 weequay shirt pants shoes and instructions on how you made his chest armor any tips would be awsome .oh what boots did you use for ree-yees

Um General. . . . If I may. . .

1) Do a "google" search for Ree Yees, Woof etc. Just images. Use these as reference.
2) Take a look at ebay for "sixth scale" or "12 inch" figures and match it up. Hasbro sometimes works too in a pinch.
3) Dude. Chaka told you he built the Ree Yees boots from scratch. My guess is if you can find a movie still of his boots you can do the same.
4) Have you seen that amazing Greivous custom on these boards? Can't remember which thread - but it is incredible. You should spend the time to find it. Might take awhile - but totally worth it.
5) How did you get Nikto? I thought Duane was out? Wel done if you did.

And one final thing: Chaka does amazing work, everyone agrees. However the beauty of this hobby is DOING some of the stuff YOURSELF. There are no right or wrong answers. Get some paint and paint these sculpts (you will be amazed at what you will find) -Duane is amazing and you really can't screw them up. You can always redo if you make an error. As for costumes. . .you are likely more creative than you think and if you are a true fan and collector - you know that the hunt for stuff is half the fun.

Start your own thread if you want help. I don't think this is the appropriate forum for this (this is Chaka's HOBBY not his JOB). My guess is you will have lots of people "popping in" to watch your progress and offer insights.

But in this forum. . . . You are being a bit of a distraction (no offence). Would love to see what you can do on your own. In you own thread - that is.

Best of luck General. I look forward to seeing what you can do on your own. And expect to see a thread of your OWN ASAP. And not so much in here anymore. K?

BTW: I am brand new to this as well (I have been following "quietly" for about a year and working "quietly" as well). This is the most I have ever posted. . . .in response to you. Not asking for help. Be cool. Enjoy. Stop bugging Chaka.
Sent from my GT-P1000R using Tapatalk 2

:lol
hey chaka i bought couple of heads off of duane today ree-yees and takeel.could you lmk where you got the pants for booth ree-yees takeel

:lol :rotfl:lol

That it? Was there more needed before you edited your post? :)

I honestly dont know where I got the pants from. They were just random ones from my parts box that I painted. Any pants will do. before you ask I dont remember what color I used, just do what YOU like.

There are lots of pics of these guys ack in my thread.

Back