Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love your custom work Chakaman!! :hi5: :clap

I love the Djas Phur character too, & that headsculpt is excellent! :rock

If SSC made that guy, I'd be lining up for the PO. :lol

I know those eyes are really a challenge. I have to use small craft nibs for those tiny areas.

Your work is outstanding!

Thanks man. :) What are craft nibs? I have never heard that term before.

Love your custom work Chakaman!! :hi5: :clap

I love the Djas Phur character too, & that headsculpt is excellent! :rock

If SSC made that guy, I'd be lining up for the PO. :lol

Cheers man. I appreciate the kind words. :)

I love the secondary/background characters of Star Wars. Adding customs to what Sideshow gives us makes for a nice display. Sadley, I doubt Sideshow gets to any of these guys.

The hard part with Djas Puhr is going to be finding a vest and gloved gauntlets that work. I may have to make them from scratch or do an alternative outfit.

Yeah.. truth is, I'm not that big a SSC fan to be honest - but they do the aliens pretty well. :lecture

Have you looked into HT parts? Tons of great bits & pieces to find out there..

Thanks man. :) What are craft nibs? I have never heard that term before.
QUOTE]

I am lucky that my wife has a huge craft room full of supplies.

My wife gave them to me to try instead of tiny brushes, and to my surprise it worked.

I use one to paint with and another wet one to clean up mistakes quickly.

Here is what they look like.

I always look forward to seeing the new progress here. :clap

Yeah.. truth is, I'm not that big a SSC fan to be honest - but they do the aliens pretty well. :lecture

Have you looked into HT parts? Tons of great bits & pieces to find out there..

I have looked into HT parts. You are right, there are lots of great bits out there. I just havent found anything yet that I can turn into a POTA Gorilla styled vest. :gah:

I may try to pick up a SSC POTA Gorilla, not sure though.

I will keep looking. :)

[/RIGHT

I am lucky that my wife has a huge craft room full of supplies.

My wife gave them to me to try instead of tiny brushes, and to my surprise it worked.

I use one to paint with and another wet one to clean up mistakes quickly.

Here is what they look like.

I always look forward to seeing the new progress here. :clap

Very cool, thanks for the pics. Next time Im at Hobby Lobby I will try to score some.

So, do use ink to paint eyes with? Im curious if it its easier to work with than pastels or acrylics. I have never used the stuff before.​

The nibs are spongy and absorbent. I still use acrylics and lacquer dull coat spray between paint layers on eyes. (…consider some of this for other readers because you know this.)

I use both special tiny brushes from Micro-Mark.com and the nibs for the sclera and iris. I prefer species with black glossy eyes any day. ha

I've lurked and learn for so long I thought I would try to give back. :)

The nibs are spongy and absorbent. I still use acrylics and lacquer dull coat spray between paint layers on eyes. (…consider some of this for other readers because you know this.)

I use both special tiny brushes from Micro-Mark.com and the nibs for the sclera and iris. I prefer species with black glossy eyes any day. ha

I've lurked and learn for so long I thought I would try to give back. :)

Thanks for the "how-to" mate. :) I do eyes in layers as well. Seal in layers with dullcoat and then apply gloss.

I get my brushes from Hobby Lobby, but Im going to check out micro-mark.com. Thanks for the heads up.

The more you paint, the more you learn. I stumble onto techniques by accident sometimes. Thats what makes it fun. :)

I was digging through my spare parts box and found a SSC Rebel Fleet Trooper vest. It could work as a fill in until I get the one I want.

DSC07265700x697_zpsdebfdc7f.jpg

Doing some work on Myo's beard. Man, working with craft fur BLOWS!! It get everywhere. Ow well. :)

Im letting Myo's roots dry for a bit before I trim them up.......

DSC072681100x632_zps60a2f2ee.jpg

If SSC released a great Myo..

I'd be so down. :D

I doubt they would ever do Myo, but Sideshow could probably pull it off. Their human likenesses leave a bit to be desired sometimes, but they usually nail the alien headsculpts.

Im grateful to people like Duane and Jessica who offer these customs sculpts to us. Without them, my cantina would be a lonely place. :)

Duane was kind enough to send me a Hasbro POTA Gorilla tunic. I cut the sleeves off to see what it would look like. I plan on cleaning up the sleeves and maybe glossing it a bit to get the "leather" look.

DSC07554800x711_zps922b2100.jpg

Everybody is doing this one, but here is the start of my Luke Jedi....

DSC07550800x754_zps8b6a71a6.jpg

Back