Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been a while. I finally started painting up my B-Wing pilot helmet tonight...

20210330_204736.jpg
20210330_204656.jpg
20210330_204635.jpg

Sweet Moses! Radical stuff as usual Chris! I finally made it back on here to peruse and your work this last month is just amazing as usual! The pilot helmets are really nice! I wanna start finishing all my Skiff guys like you've been doing!

Just beautiful work. Would love a few rebel pilots but the jumpsuits always give me pause, even with 3D prints making the helmets a bit easier.

Lookin good Chris 👍🏽

Very cool!!

Thanks Paul, Heiko. I appreciate it guys.

Just beautiful work. Would love a few rebel pilots but the jumpsuits always give me pause, even with 3D prints making the helmets a bit easier.

Thanks Duncan.

Yeah, the flightsuits are hard to come by and dyeing them is tricky. I still am trying to find the proper shade of green for my A-Wing pilot flightsuit.

Thanks Paul, Heiko. I appreciate it guys.

Thanks Duncan.

Yeah, the flightsuits are hard to come by and dyeing them is tricky. I still am trying to find the proper shade of green for my A-Wing pilot flightsuit.

I bought some of that Rit synthetic dye and it's a bit hit or miss as much as the regular Rit Dye - works well on some things but others aren't as intense color.

And with those Sideshow flightsuits hard to come by it's not exactly fun to be experimenting.:lol

Diluted paint I find works okay, but it the original fabric needs to be sort of close to the target color tonally otherwise it takes too many coats and the fabric becomes rigid even with very watered down paint.

Spray on fabric paint is interesting but I find it doesn't quite set fully on some synthetics so you get color transfer onto other things you add to the outfit (so wouldn't work very well for a flightsuit where there's a white bib.)

Chakaman awesome custom figures! I'm really enjoying getting caught up on all the custom work everyone here is doing! Thanks for sharing your passion for SW 1/6 scale modeling, and creating this thread! Keep up the great work! Cheers!

Thanks James, Steven and Endo1. I appreciate the kind words

I have been pretty busy the past couple of weeks. I hope to have some updates soon.

I recieved a couple of "Klaatu" sculpts in the post yesterday. I plan on upgrading my Giran figure with one and doing a Yotts Orren with the other. Looking forward to painting these up.

These look amazing. Nice work Bob! Thanks mate, I appreciate it. :duff

20210427_181755.jpg

20210427_181821.jpg

20210427_182130.jpg

Back