Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks okay but feels a bit too ball cap to me. The peak can be cut and shortened, but that curved flap of fabric above that covers the foiehead area is a bit too narrow/almond-shaped - needs to be wider and more ellipse/rounded. I like the Imperial disc though, and at least it does look like it fits modern heads.

From the front with the cap teased upward a bit, you really couldn't notice the long peak and too-narrow forehead though - so maybe a fudged angle is the best approach.

These Imperial caps are such a pain.:lol I finally got a paint on my caps to match the HT imperial uniforms I've been using (well, 90% match at least) but man - the time these things have taken, both the cloth version and the resculpt of the SSC plastic version- have been crazy.:gah:

Looks okay but feels a bit too ball cap to me. The peak can be cut and shortened, but that curved flap of fabric above that covers the foiehead area is a bit too narrow/almond-shaped - needs to be wider and more ellipse/rounded. I like the Imperial disc though, and at least it does look like it fits modern heads.

From the front with the cap teased upward a bit, you really couldn't notice the long peak and too-narrow forehead though - so maybe a fudged angle is the best approach.

These Imperial caps are such a pain.:lol I finally got a paint on my caps to match the HT imperial uniforms I've been using (well, 90% match at least) but man - the time these things have taken, both the cloth version and the resculpt of the SSC plastic version- have been crazy.:gah:

I agree, it needs some work. Like I mentioned, these were quick, unfutzed pictures.

I do think with some work this will look better than the Praji hats.

Looking forward to adding my custom Gonk droid from Rustyj to my Jawa setup. The HT release is dissapointing. I was hoping to make a 3rd Jawa from parts when they became available.

Here are some older pics of my custom Jawas and a Hasbro R5-D4.

20200525_190822.jpg
2016-08-22 21.32.02.jpg
20200525_190740.jpg

Yep. Those look nice.

Thanks Steven.

Those look great. Was that a custom run someone did?

Thanks! I got the robes from MYC back in 2013. A few months later Pixelpiper did a run of bodies with light up eyes. I made the bandoliers and holsters myself. Will (Solo Bones) made the blaster for me. So it was a collaboration of sorts.

Thanks guys!

I failed to mention that one of the bandoliers is from the Sideshow Tusken Raider. The others were custom made.

It also looks like Rustyj 's gonk droids are getting close to shipping out.:yess:

I got one of those MYC Jawa robes back in the day and I still have to mod it. They look really nice Chris. You gonna get the HT one?

Thanks. Yes, those MYC robes are nice. I was fortunate to be able to grab a couple when they were offered.

I am not getting the HT version. I am getting a Gonk from Rustyj instead. The HT set is overpriced and looks cheap to me.

I'm in the same boat. I was really looking forward to the Hot Toys release but I was keeping an eye on the RustyJ / Scratchbuilder project in the custom section incase the HT Jawa tanked.

Are you spraying it or painting it by hand Chris?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. I was really looking forward to the Hot Toys release but I was keeping an eye on the RustyJ / Scratchbuilder project in the custom section incase the HT Jawa tanked.

Are you spraying it or painting it by hand Chris?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I will probably spray a base coat and then hand paint it. I am going to do the ANH Sandcrawler version.

Sadly, I still haven't had any time to work on any custom figures. I do not even have a workspace setup. Hopefully soon. I am enjoying the stuff you guys are cranking out. Keep up the good work guys!!

However, I did unpack my Dewback and set him up with my newest arrival.....

20201017_135344.jpg
20201017_141516.jpg
20201017_141439.jpg

Back