Chace CustomWork

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chace_DK

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Been a bit neglecting on the 1:6 front. But I finally mustered up the nerve to "attack" my first, very simple, custom work. :D

I plan to make a Shadow Trooper, since I saw one in here, some months ago..

The subject: a "cheap" eBay find, a Medicom Clone.

WIP:

FAE477E5-1916-4361-AF46-FA02A528A7DC_zpswpnxqqeb.jpg

So far, first coats of paint on some loose parts, to see how it turns out

Shoulder pads
FE6C3D9D-CAA2-46CD-9B3C-598C212ECD16_zps4t3mhlxt.jpg

Hands and boots
7C75E282-DA16-419B-A216-A094471C16B1_zpsyuh2ejst.jpg

3B42D295-E253-416E-B254-B8F03BE47E97_zpsf1iyivls.jpg

Hi Mate looks ok so far, would suggest washing the parts in washing up liquid as it seems you've got some silicone reaction a little there.
As Clparker says would go for light coats , better than one heavy coat, take your time it'll all come together.

Good luck

Hi Mate looks ok so far, would suggest washing the parts in washing up liquid as it seems you've got some silicone reaction a little there.
As Clparker says would go for light coats , better than one heavy coat, take your time it'll all come together.

Good luck

hate when that happens..also..sometimes(on the SSC clones at least)...it's better to hand pant the hands and feet...the plastic is different on the hands and sometimes spray paint makes them sticky...at least in my experience....so i usually hand pant those parts...

and yes...small light coats...spray a piece..let it dry..spray another, etc...then go back and start over...thin coats dry faster...

basically what i did with this clone...all spray...minus hands and feet...
DSC02506_zps65ee6f76.jpg

If you color washed them , with rust that would make a really ace rusted clone trooper.
Like Armor left to rot over alot of years sort of thing :lol or a lava clone, looks like molten Lava :yess:

If you color washed them , with rust that would make a really ace rusted clone trooper.
Like Armor left to rot over alot of years sort of thing :lol or a lava clone, looks like molten Lava :yess:

Hmm.. Maybe you got a point there, Tworiverz.. :D
If I can sort out some sort of powder that could resemble rust..

And by color wash you mean, mix in water and apply with a brush?

Back