Celtic Predator Life Size Mask!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, I saw it in person today at Wizard Philly, and I don't know if the pics really make the quality look that much worse, but it really wasn't that bad in person. I was able to check it out for a minute or so before the worker ran to me to grab it away:lol

SS really dropped the ball on this one. I wonder if anyone left a review on their site for the mask. Maybe if people start flooding it with bad reviews, they may do something about it.

I am in the process of test fitting the film on the mask. Here is what it looks like so far:

dDSC_01208.jpg

dDSC_01202.jpg

where did you get the film from?

where did you get the film from?

I am still trying to get this all dialed in. The film on there is from a sheet of laminating pouch (typically found at office supplies stores). I ran it through the machine in hot mode with nothing in there, only the pouch. I then trace the eye area with tracing paper, transferred the pattern onto the laminating pouch, and painstaking trim to make an exact fit to the eye area. The only issue I am running into is making it stay down, since the eye area is not complete flat.

I also tried a clear window cling and it works okay. The only issue is the window cling is a lot thinner and does not have the thicker shinnier look to it.

I must add that I am only testing methods that will not do any permenant changes to the origianl condition of the mask. This is why I did not try gluing the lense down.

I have stopped working on it for a couple of days now, as there is a problem area (excessive smoothness in texture compare to the rest of the mask) and a small hole by the nostrile area. I am waiting to hear back from my local dealer and see what SS will do about the problem areas.

Last edited:
I am still trying to get this all dialed in. The film on there is from a sheet of laminating pouch (typically found at office supplies stores). I ran it through the machine in hot mode with nothing in there, only the pouch. I then trace the eye area with tracing paper, transferred the pattern onto the laminating pouch, and painstaking trim to make an exact fit to the eye area. The only issue I am running into is making it stay down, since the eye area is not complete flat.

I also tried a clear window cling and it works okay. The only issue is the window cling is a lot thinner and does not have the thicker shinnier look to it.

I must add that I am only testing methods that will not do any permenant changes to the origianl condition of the mask. This is why I did not try gluing the lense down.

I have stopped working on it for a couple of days now, as there is a problem area (excessive smoothness in texture compare to the rest of the mask) and a small hole by the nostrile area. I am waiting to hear back from my local dealer and see what SS will do about the problem areas.

Hi Turtle. I used to use stuff called Spray mount at school in my art class and I think a lot of artists use it also. It is like a spray on glue which allows you to remove and replace whatever it is you are trying to glue. I dont think it will do any damage but it might be an option if you want to glue the lenses but still have the choice to remove them if you want at a later date. :D

Thanks Chris. I am going to look into it. Looks like sideshow is going to replace my mask. So once I get the replacement, I'll get back on the drawing board.

Everyone at Sideshow should at least watch the first part of the video. That's exactly how I feel about them at the moment.

I agree 100% but i think we all know that won't happen, they seem to have the ignorance is bliss technique working at the minute. Money talks, until the finally alienate all of their loyal customers and stop selling stuff i doubt things will improve much. They need better painters and product managers that have a clue...... papaer parts!??.... No parts!!!!???????

Not looking to good :( wonder if chopper will be of any better quality

Well they have already messed up what could have been the best looking bio in the line so i don't really care about the chopper anymore. I think il send my money to bio hunter instead as some of his work is putting sideshow to shame!! That said if sideshow wake up and stop ripping us off i will happily buy the chopper to complete the set.

Hey guys, glad you like the review... the funny part is that I know Sideshow will see this one because they are reviewing my site content this week to go over some things I am discussing with them. LOL good thing I also said they're good people so it's not a total Sideshow bash-fest!

Hopefully the next piece I review from them will make up for this... come on BERSERKER!!!

Dan

good stuff Dan. Interested to know what you are discussing with them!

Umm.. well I don't really want to start anything but there are some content issues that "conflict" with their affiliate policy and I am working with them to make sure everything is worked out so that everyone is happy. Apparently because my site has become widely known and somewhat popular with collectors and people like Sideshow and Fox, it makes me more visible to the "powers that be". It's a good and bad thing...

damn faken you are built like a beast :lol cool review as always :peace agree 100% aswell with what you said about the final product. sideshow seem to be slipping these days

damn faken you are built like a beast :lol cool review as always :peace agree 100% aswell with what you said about the final product. sideshow seem to be slipping these days

LOL!! :lol Thanks Slug... many hours are spent in the gym fighting away the evil forces of Smartie Ice Cream :monkey5

I just finished changing the lenses and I recorded it so I can put together a video... looks way better and more accurate and it's pretty simple to do, maybe a bit tedious. I will post it probably next week as I just won't have time to edit and put it together until Monday :(

I'll post a couple of quick screenshots if ppl are interested though :)

OK here is a still from the movie... I know this is the chopper but the Celtic has the same type of lense material, that speckled texture. You can see the Celtic lense somewhat nicely when he's about to get his head bashed in by the alien tongue, but this shot here of the chopper shows it better:

change_moviestill.jpg

The lenses are shiny/reflective (The alien reflection was added post-filming via CGI) and the speckles are not just black... there's silver, black and white. So that is the look I wanted to create... also the lenses are not quite the same color tone, so it doesn't have to match the grey of the helmet itself.

Here is before:

change_before.jpg

One side has the new lens...

change_half.jpg

Both sides with new lenses...

change_done.jpg

Does it match the movie a bit better now?

Mine:

change_done2.jpg

Movie:

change_moviestill.jpg

change_moviestill2.jpg

Hope you like it :) Video tutorial coming soon...

Last edited:
Back