Cave Troll Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nazgurl said:
As I knew absolutely nothing about the previous garage kits, the chance to own the Cave Troll and/or Balrog busts through Sideshow thrills me personally. I just hope they do release the Balrog one.

Hear hear again!!
I posted a thread about a large balrog bust on the old board. I really hope they make it as I'm never going to own the original balrog statue.

I like the idea that the name of Steve West will be in the bust base so i will gonna get it, because i walyas wanted that model kit.

$300.00 is way too much. The Sideshow Weta Cave Troll can be found for $50.00 and its only 5 inches smaller.

NASEDO said:
$300.00 is way too much. The Sideshow Weta Cave Troll can be found for $50.00 and its only 5 inches smaller.

I Agree. The new one looks cooler. But isn't worth the 300 bucks.

Well I'm resigned to this and it IS good that more people will be able to get this bust which as many here have said is the best Cave troll bust out there.

300 dollars is NOT too much for it as it is MUCH better in detail than the existing bust in my opinion. It isn't just about size and weight.

Steve West's garage kit at RETAIL sold for about 180 or so I think and now you can't get it for anything less than about 250 on Ebay . . . if you can get it at all!

Then a paintmaster to do the bust justice will run you close to 500 dollars.

Grand total: Close to 800 bucks with shipping etc.

Now granted you will have a piece that will be far superior in that the castings from the molds will likely have better detail than the mass produced ones and you will have a much superior paintjob which TAKE ADVANTAGE of those details . . . but you will be paying close to 500 dollars more for it.

So all in all, I think 300 dollars for a polystone and officially sanctioned collectible is more than fair.

For anyone who's thinking about quibbling look at the following sites:

https://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=7657706&uid=450444

https://www.dragonstoothminiatures.com/figures2.htm

As for the Balrog, I can't imagine that Sideshow wouldn't release it. It's just a matter of when and how much.

Dennis

Back