Caught in Sideshow's web

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.marts

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello All

I'am a new member here I'am from down under and for the past several years I have been collecting DC World of Warcraft figures after several of them of breaking as i dusted, I got tired of collecting them and have lost interest in the game, I have chosen to collect statues of my favourite movies so this year i have ordered.

Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom Indy Premium Format Statue
Conan the Barbarian - The Prize Statue Diorama
Lord of the Rings - Gandalf Premium Format Statue
Pirates of the Caribbean - Jack Sparrow Premium Format Statue

i want to get avatar and more lord of the rings as i go as i started late i missed out on a few and here in australia the sideshow statues cost a ton of money to ship so i have to rely on the shops that get them in. Just a quick question how is the quality of sideshow are they easy to break especially when dusting?

I look forward to posting up pictures of my new statues as i get them.

Thanks for the hello all, i just got my first sideshow piece Gandalf the Grey, he was so powerful i decided to place him on subwoofer to cast a spell on the mountain that roars, please follow the link for pictures https://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589/mrmarts/

well tomorrow I am off to pick up my next pieces including:

Jack Sparrow
Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom
and Avatar.

I will post more pictures tommorow off to bed soon and to admire Gandalf :lol.

Hello all just updated my photos link, I decided to get Conan the prize instead of avatar as it was the last piece the store had, not sure if i will get avatar sadly jack sparrows beard on his chin broke off i freaked so i have repacked it to to get another one from the store which is an hours drive from where i live lol, i will post more pics tomorrow.

Just updated the link more pictures of Jack sparrow thinking of buying Rambo statue next if i got to keep my eye on it lol

Last edited:
I just found and bought evil queen, never got rambo did not like the movie and the head looks soooo big, i was going to get avatar but my head is turning to sleeping beauty Maleficent which I'am getting this friday and Captain Hook later this year and jessica rabbit next year :) i think the evil queen or gandalf the grey has casted a spell on me lol.

Man i love that Indy, have you seen the the Mola Ram Premium Format statue? It's freakin' awesome. Where are you getting your statues from if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, i'm dying to know which store he's buying these statues from and more importantly do they stock Hot Toys aswell.

hello all i thought someone was going to ask to that question i'am in melbourne australia so i buy locally the site where i get my stuff from is: https://www.popcultcha.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?manufacturers_id=12&sort=2a&&page=1 for a complete listing of sideshow pieces and heres another reference there supplier https://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/ happy hunting.

Just to let you know evil queen was the last one and it wasn't listed on the site it was in the store display same as Conan the prize and there is one last display for avatar. I do believe they sell hot toys just drop the menu.

Yes I checked out the evil dude for indy but with limited room and money i prefer to collect the pieces i like so my next hit is captain hook, jessica the rabbit and star wars pieces and more lord of the rings pieces like the drawf.

Yeah, i'm dying to know which store he's buying these statues from and more importantly do they stock Hot Toys aswell.

here you go friends here are the links and happy hunting: https://www.popcultcha.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=b7338b4ee7301caa817b8d0a35ee1a6b&categories_id=&manufacturers_id=12&keywords=&x=23&y=12 and try googling their supplier ikon collectibles both stores are in Geelong so if you are in melbourne like me you will have a great trip.

its best you go to the store there are some statues on display locked in a glass showcase and that are not advertised on their site i found evil queen on display and bought the display one as it was the last.

Man i love that Indy, have you seen the the Mola Ram Premium Format statue? It's freakin' awesome. Where are you getting your statues from if you don't mind me asking?

they might be Popcultcha and Ikon collectables :p, and yes i seen Mola Ram both temple of doom statues have nailed it, however with the limited space at the time and money i prefer investing on Captain Hook, Jessica Rabbit and a Terminator Statue maybe the one that is coming out this year. Also i think scoring 7 statues in less than 2 months is not bad, especially evil queen, conan the prize, avatar which is soon hard to find in australian stores.

Just updated the photos to include evil queen, maleficent, and the neyiri avatar.https://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k589/mrmarts/

Last edited:

They might be from Popcultcha and Ikon Collectables both in Geelong victoria :p happy hunting, also i just updated my photo link on the previous page to include evil queen maleficent and neyiri avatar.

Last edited:
That Maleficent is an amazing piece man, SS is really doing justice do these Disney characters.

There are a few crappy sideshow pieces that don't do the money spent justice so far I am really happy with all my pieces I was going to buy Rambo, but one I ain't a fan of the movie, and two his head is blown out to proportion.

I love Captain hook and Jessica Rabbit and am looking for a good terminator piece any suggestions?

Back