Carnell's Anakin sculpt in 1/4 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys, long time no see in this part of board - I still pop in from time to time to see what everyone's up to.

Impressive. Most Impressive.

To the point...

I was thinking about the Anakin PF & the upcoming UQS Anakin and I have to confess that none of these sculpts floats my boat as much as Darren's re-work of the Bergholtz Anakin sculpt in 1/6.

So...

After talking it over with a good industry friend of mine who has access to the technology and know-how I have decided to increase the size of the Carnell scuplt to 1/4.

This will be a costly excercise, mainly in the scanning, date Capture and output of the master and is only really viable if I can get between 10-20 folks in on it.

If you are interested then please post here. The idea is to produce a choice of either the 'plug' option for fitting to the PF and a reworked option for the upcoming UQS.

There will be a master produced and castings will be taken from this. There will also be a portion of the cost going to Darren (although I'm still awaiting a reply from Darren in respect of this) as it is his re-work that these 1/4 scales will be coming from.

The costs of producing the original 1/4 master is approximately £500.00 and the castings will be approximately £30.00 each. So if 10 people got in the costs would be £80.00 per head, 20 the costs would be £55.00.

The heads would also be unpainted so you could forward it to your painter of choice.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll set the balls in motion.

Hope you are all well and happy holidays...

M!

Very interesting. I must admit that I would have gone with another option , I would have scanned Trevor's sculpt and reduced that to 1/6 scale. I know I would dfinately buy one. I'm eager to see how this turns out, Good luck !

Sounds like a cool experiment, but IMO, Trevor's sculpt is superior. It just hasn't received a proper paint app yet to bring out the likeness.

Sounds like a cool experiment, but IMO, Trevor's sculpt is superior. It just hasn't received a proper paint app yet to bring out the likeness.

I agree... Besides, I think that if the Darren resculpt of the Andy head were blown up, it would not hold as much detail as one would want for a PF.

Hey Josh, I want to mention that the your repaint improved it a great deal! The factory paint simply came out too dark and monotone.

I agree... Besides, I think that if the Darren resculpt of the Andy head were blown up, it would not hold as much detail as one would want for a PF.

I agree with this statement :lecture

and pix? unless I'm having a blank day here (and it happens, lol) have we even spoken about this? I'm not sure we have. Just because you said you were waiting to hear from me about it.

Anyway, I agree with Josh. It's a nice idea... and the shape might be ok, but you'd lose detail once blown up.... and you know how fussy and picky we're all becoming lately about how good we want things :lol

Back