Carlos Olivera U.B.C.S. Resi Evil Apocalypse Completed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big guy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thread to show my build in progress of U.B.C.S. Merc Carlos Olivera played by Oded Fehr in "Resident Evil Apocalypse".

Ref images.
UmbrellaSWAT2.jpgREA_FN.jpgResidentEvilApocalypse-photo_17_hir.jpgResident-Evil-Apocalypse-UBCS-Umbrella-Trooper-Complete-Uniform-2.jpgrea1421.jpg

First off I got a loose Virtual Toys Black Storm Guard headsculpt.

carlos revelation.jpg

Then Using this RE: Apocalypse Ref image
Oded_fehr.jpeg

Re Sculpted his hair.
carlos apocalypse.jpg

Just dyed a pair of Tiger Stripe pants though will add the blue/grey highlight to make them accurate (I actually own several real pairs of Tactical Tiger trousers).
tacttiger.jpgtacttiger1.jpg

For his Micro Galil, alas cannot find the 21st Century version so using the technique shown on OSW will follow that method of converting the rifle Galil to a Micro Galil.

South African vest I am working on today, so hopefully photos later.
Have 2 options for grey shirt enroute to me and see which works best.

Need to make a pair of matching holsters for Left and right legs, as cannot find any that look right or work with desert Eagle pistols.

I have already printed out cloth insignia for chest and rear.

Re: Carlos Olivera U.B.C.S. Resi Evil Apocalypse

One of the Grey shirts ordered arrived, so test fit.

ztest shirt.jpgztest shirt1.jpg

Also been doing some stitch work on his kit.

First matching Holsters for his Desert Eagles (yes they need repainting LOL). Will also need drop leg and thigh straps adding.
zubcskitwip2.jpgzubcskitwip3.jpg

This vest was modded heavily with rear pouches stripped, rear panel reshaped to be more accurate. Will also be adding 3 more buckle straps to either side (as film vests have FOUR either side). Plus insignia.
zubcskitwip4.jpg

Building a South African vest from scratch, still needs strapping up.
zubcskitwip5.jpg

I hate the stitch work but happy with how this has turned out so far.
zubcskitwip1.jpg

Waiting on the Galil rifle to arrive so can remod to a Micro Galil rifle. Though I do have a Tav 21 just in case and Carlos does use it.

Re: Carlos Olivera U.B.C.S. Resi Evil Apocalypse Update- 8 Nov 2015

Looking good so far keep it up.

Nice work on the vest...I'm going to be doing a custom one myself for a different figure, so I like seeing how well this one is coming out. How did you do the patches? Printing on fabric?

Thanks Guys.

Just waiting on a flak vest to have under the SA vest and Galil to convert to a Micro Galil and he will be done. Hate the waiting part LOL
Though time for the other tigerstripes to turn up and make a couple more Mercs :D

@Outlander, the patches I scaled and printed out onto Cloth I get from Inkjet Papers and Fabrics, Window Stickers and Other Arts and Craft Materials They do adhesive backed, none adhesive and more.

Second pair of Tactical Tigerstripe Pants started and finished. Have a third pair to do yet.

21st TUS Pants, dyed darker and then painted grey and added dark grey stripes.

ztact1.jpgztact.jpg

Back