CarboNation's Fizzkids collectible figures review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Michael- Great review. Just like you pointed-out, our brand is fun and fresh. As for the minor quality points, my eye is even more criticizing than yours. Our factory is now fully aware of our opinion. Not to mention, we are heightening our QC to standards that are well above what is acceptable in the marketplace.

One thing that we believe is not evident in the product, or your review, is the cost associated with the packaging. It would be difficult to price at the $10 mark that you describe due to the fact that it costs almost as much to produce the packaging/display system as it does the character. Other than one art toy that was released last week, we are the only producer that integrates the character story with the packaging. I think that makes us incredibly unique. Everyone else basically packages their characters in throw away boxes.

Based on what goes into the production of these characters, I think we are undercharging for the level of quality. To me, that means that this first limited run will be the most valuable in the long run. Not to mention, we have probably under-priced them. I'd love to hear more suggestions.

Michael- Great review. Just like you pointed-out, our brand is fun and fresh. As for the minor quality points, my eye is even more criticizing than yours. Our factory is now fully aware of our opinion. Not to mention, we are heightening our QC to standards that are well above what is acceptable in the marketplace.

One thing that we believe is not evident in the product, or your review, is the cost associated with the packaging. It would be difficult to price at the $10 mark that you describe due to the fact that it costs almost as much to produce the packaging/display system as it does the character. Other than one art toy that was released last week, we are the only producer that integrates the character story with the packaging. I think that makes us incredibly unique. Everyone else basically packages their characters in throw away boxes.

Based on what goes into the production of these characters, I think we are undercharging for the level of quality. To me, that means that this first limited run will be the most valuable in the long run. Not to mention, we have probably under-priced them. I'd love to hear more suggestions.

Hey, Carbo -welcome to the Freaks! Yep, what you're saying makes complete sense. As I said in the review, edge up the quality just slightly in a couple areas, and the figures would have generated another half star at least in the Value section. Remember, the value category is a little different than the others in my rankings. A **1/2 is a wash - it means you're pretty much getting what you're paying for, and it doesn't raise or lower my personal Overall in any way. Anything above and below has an impact. That means a slight improvement in quality has a domino effect - it ups the evaluation in Sculpt or Paint, and it also ups the Value, having a larger impact on Overall.

The packaging is what sets these apart, or rather the creative combination of the concept with the packaging. I look forward to what you have planned, and hopefully we can meet at SDCC this summer!

Hey, Carbo -welcome to the Freaks! Yep, what you're saying makes complete sense. As I said in the review, edge up the quality just slightly in a couple areas, and the figures would have generated another half star at least in the Value section. Remember, the value category is a little different than the others in my rankings. A **1/2 is a wash - it means you're pretty much getting what you're paying for, and it doesn't raise or lower my personal Overall in any way. Anything above and below has an impact. That means a slight improvement in quality has a domino effect - it ups the evaluation in Sculpt or Paint, and it also ups the Value, having a larger impact on Overall.

The packaging is what sets these apart, or rather the creative combination of the concept with the packaging. I look forward to what you have planned, and hopefully we can meet at SDCC this summer!

Thank you for the feedback. Also, I noticed in your pictures that some of the figures may have come loose during shipping. Not knowing this would happen, we have now solved that problem. For future shipments, we are placing a poly bag over the character to protect the paint and domes. This will also eliminate the tape, which was not the best idea. New replacement domes were ordered and are here. For our next six-pack, we are redesigning how the characters are stabilized during shipping.

We look forward to your review of our next six-pack and possibly meeting at the SDCC.

Back