Captain Tarkin full figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom011

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey all! It's been awhile, but I've got something new to show: an original sculpt and paint up of Capt. Tarkin from the Clone Wars, had they filmed the program as a live action feature with a young Peter Cushing in the role.

Piece is done in super sculpey and finished with acrylic paint.

t259.JPG
t268.JPG
t280.JPG
t285.JPG
t302.JPG
t303.JPG
t307.JPG
t310.JPG
t295.JPG

Attachments

• t260.JPG
    t260.JPG
    401.7 KB · Views: 298
Wow man, that is really incredible! Wonderful job of translating the animated look of Tarkin to the real world.

Funny how Tarkin seems to be springing up everywhere :lol

Thanks for the comments, all! This piece was done for my brother, Stephen, who was the voice of Tarkin on The Clone Wars animated series. I did two of this other characters as well, but Tarkin was done in a realistic style as opposed to the look of the animated character. It's definitely been one of my all time favorite projects.

Excellent Tarkin(s), gents! I wish I could sculpt that well, especially with Super Sculpy!

My brother is working on something very similar to your's, Wax. Did you shrink your Tarkin's head in acetone?

No,I took the Hasbro sculpt,made an alginate mold from it,let it shrink for 2 or 3 days,then poured a wax copy and re-sculpted it to correct the errors.Once I had the wax finishedI molded it and catsup a few copies. Fortunately,Cushing was a fairly easy likeness. Anyway,mounted the cast on a slightly modified Piett(lengthened the torso 1/8")and had my wife do the face-up(she's far better at it than I).That's his bio in a nutshell...PS

Back