Captain Rex!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "airborne trooper" helmet is a very questionable, rushed design choice in my opinion. Dig the kama and other kit, but that helmet looks...:cuckoo:

Is it just me or does he look a little more cartoony than the other clones?

Anyone else think its safe to assume his exclusive will be a holo Obi? I can't imagine they wouldn't give him one on pair with their Obi-Wan in clone armour.

Yeah, he does look more cartoon-ish. Most likely because of the blue paint job.

The "airborne trooper" helmet is a very questionable, rushed design choice in my opinion. Dig the kama and other kit, but that helmet looks...:cuckoo:

I reckon both the Airborne and Neyo designs came from Ralph McQuarrie's concept Boba Fett.....he's the guy in the middle....Neyo on left, Airborne Troop on the right....

Last edited:
I'll just be glad when my waitlist converts for the Exclusive so I can take my big sigh of relief and relax a tad...:pray:

Strangely enough, I'm wanting Cody realistic style, but I have no interest in his CW conterpart. And amongst all the above cited commanders I'd take a couple of the others in CW style (Bly, Gree, Rex) while their realistic version would most probably not impress me enough to drop the cash for them. As for Neyo/Bacare, I'm 99% sure there will still be no love on my side for them when SS will have made them.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that the 1/6 Rex looks better when seen from behind than front? Details and overall look of the back of helmet/backpack/kama are outstanding; both when looked individually or as a whole on Rex's back. Well done! The front seems a bit bulky and clumsy from the pics I've seen.

I'm looking forward to seeing the scale of the Rex head sculpt compares in size to the Hasbro Jango.

I reckon both the Airborne and Neyo designs came from Ralph McQuarrie's concept Boba Fett.....he's the guy in the middle....Neyo on left, Airborne Troop on the right....

I see the similarities, McQuarrie's designs are the best, heck, his paintings influenced me to become an artist as a child. It's like the mash up of the toy blasters to create the clone trooper rifle...It just seems wrong, but that's just me.:rotfl

Out of all of the Clones, Rex is easily my favorite. He is a perfect mix of a soldier for the Republic mixed with a hint of Jango Fett. I like him even more than Cody. I want this one more than any other Sideshow offering right now and am hoping that it'll somehow be early to ship.

Rex is cool for sure. He looked great at SDCC but man I gotta go with Cody as far as ranking them.

I'm hoping sooner rather than later. Really looking forward to getting Rex.

Before December would be cool.:dunno

I am pretty sure that while they are late from time to time, Sideshow has yet to be early with anything. I am anticipating Rex around Christmas...but this seems to me to be one of those late-type figures. But as was mentioned before, Sideshow usually hits on time with figures released around Christmas.

Back