Captain Rex!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clones_2_by_trev_solo.jpg

Jake_sm2.jpg

index_0.jpg

I think you need glasses. :dunno

Where do you find those SS backstage/production photos? or even those high res ones? I could never find them. Are they in teh production blog area?

I haven't had time to go through the whole thread yet, but have they changed the undersuit? It looks to be made of some sort of fabric now and not the plastic.

Dear lord, can't we just 'sticky' one of these arguments so we don't need to rehash them every couple of months?
1) On a SSC FAN site, you are likely to find people defensive of SSC. We fork over a lot of cash for these figures and saying they aren't worth it, is a bit insulting.
2) Overall I think Hot Toys makes a better product, but for a price Ugarti, for a price. Because of that price people would buy less (I know I would) and we would have less to choose from.
3) SSC might not be Hot Toys, especially when it comes down to factory paint apps but you can't act as if they are Hasbro or Mattel. The clone armor itself is pretty impressive if you ask me. High quality, doesn't bend, not too thick etc.
4) Are they expensive? Yes. Are the same armor pieces reused over and over? Yes. Could the price be lower? Yes. However, I am a capitalist. They are in the game to make a profit, not to provide the world with 1/6 toys for humanitarian reasons. Let the market dictate prices, if its too expensive for you, then don't buy it.
5) Rex is awesome. And I have yet to see a Trevor Grove sculpt that isn't about as perfect as it gets but until Morrison gets himself a crew cut and a dye job I guess we'll have to use conjecture to decide if its 'realistic'.
Anyway, I'm glad I ordered it. I'm also glad I ordered it from Alterego and got it a little cheaper.

Dear lord, can't we just 'sticky' one of these arguments so we don't need to rehash them every couple of months?
1) On a SSC FAN site, you are likely to find people defensive of SSC. We fork over a lot of cash for these figures and saying they aren't worth it, is a bit insulting.
2) Overall I think Hot Toys makes a better product, but for a price Ugarti, for a price. Because of that price people would buy less (I know I would) and we would have less to choose from.
3) SSC might not be Hot Toys, especially when it comes down to factory paint apps but you can't act as if they are Hasbro or Mattel. The clone armor itself is pretty impressive if you ask me. High quality, doesn't bend, not too thick etc.
4) Are they expensive? Yes. Are the same armor pieces reused over and over? Yes. Could the price be lower? Yes. However, I am a capitalist. They are in the game to make a profit, not to provide the world with 1/6 toys for humanitarian reasons. Let the market dictate prices, if its too expensive for you, then don't buy it.
5) Rex is awesome. And I have yet to see a Trevor Grove sculpt that isn't about as perfect as it gets but until Morrison gets himself a crew cut and a dye job I guess we'll have to use conjecture to decide if its 'realistic'.
Anyway, I'm glad I ordered it. I'm also glad I ordered it from Alterego and got it a little cheaper.

:goodpost:

:exactly::hi5:

Thank goodness Sideshow didn't do what Gentle Giant did and try to make a realistic bust look more like the cartoon...their Rex bust doesn't match up with the rest of their clones because of that...

Sideshow on the other hand have done the opposite and made him totally realistic, meaning he'll fit right in and look awesome!

Thank goodness Sideshow didn't do what Gentle Giant did and try to make a realistic bust look more like the cartoon...their Rex bust doesn't match up with the rest of their clones because of that...

Sideshow on the other hand have done the opposite and made him totally realistic, meaning he'll fit right in and look awesome!

I agree with this. I am still wondering why they gave Anakin the animation look.

This. I am still super excited and hope for more Arc Trooper type characters, I realize hes from the 3d show but hes close enough from the 2d show for a purchase. I love everythign about him and the cartooony ness is great!

I agree with this. I am still wondering why they gave Anakin the animation look.

Uh, they didn't. They just went with his animated outfit, hair, etc. Its totally not even close to the animated look. Maybe not 100% Hayden Christensen, but definately not animated.

Uh, they didn't. They just went with his animated outfit, hair, etc. Its totally not even close to the animated look. Maybe not 100% Hayden Christensen, but definately not animated.

I have a much different opinion. Clone Wars Anakin's portrait to me is decidedly animated in it's style.

i have to agree with Buttmunch… the Clone Wars Anakin is not even close to the animated look,,, if anything, it is a dead ringer for Jake LLoyd at his current age.

i have to agree with Buttmunch… the Clone Wars Anakin is not even close to the animated look,,, if anything, it is a dead ringer for Jake LLoyd at his current age.

:lol I dunno about that, last time I saw a video of Jake Lloyd, he looked terrible... like an 18 year-old, fat, nerd-kid who has no friends! :rotfl

I don't like that the HS on the CW Anakin, doesn't look at all like Hayden... maybe it's supposed to be Matt Lanter or whoever? :huh

I don't look at the Clone Wars Anakin as being an "animated" figure, but, I definitely would agree that the portrait looks like Hayden's features stylized a bit like the cartoon design. If Trev wants to nail a likeness, he can, I really think there was some intentional effort to conform to the cartoon look with things like the lips and nose, but it's still and overall realistic looking figure and portrait, it's just not glaringly Hayden like the CW Obi-Wan is very much Ewan McGreggor, of course, that portrait was also used for Episode 2 Obi-Wan, so maybe even Obi-Wan's face would have been a tad stylized if it was only for CW. Same with this Rex, the Morrison portrait is going to be a foundation for many CW figures but it will also be used for Jango and Cody, so it has to be more true to Morrison than it might be otherwise.

I agree and Anakin is even better in hand. I kinda ripped him at first and I was wrong. At certain angles you can see alot of Hayden.
Nice figure imo.

Same with this Rex, the Morrison portrait is going to be a foundation for many CW figures but it will also be used for Jango and Cody, so it has to be more true to Morrison than it might be otherwise.

I hope they don't use it for Boba Fett :pray:
BTW the Jetpack of Cody looks verry much like the one of Boba Fett... Could this be some kind of experiment to see if the Jetpack "works" before they use it on Boba (or Jango) Fett? Like they did with Thrawns Command chair/The Emperors Throne???

Last edited:
Back