Statue Captain Marvel Statue (Avengers Assemble)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this line was called Avengers Assemble yet the founding members are MIA

AntMan had two movies and zero merchandise

Marvel Legends Captain Marvel crap is 50% off and still clogging shelves making it difficult to collect the new stuff

I thought this line was called Avengers Assemble yet the founding members are MIA

AntMan had two movies and zero merchandise

Marvel Legends Captain Marvel crap is 50% off and still clogging shelves making it difficult to collect the new stuff

What are you talking about, haven’t they already produced most of the founding members, including Iron Man, Wasp, Hulk and Thor. The only one missing is Ant-Man.

And regarding Captain Marvel merchandise I’m not sure it means it’s just not selling, or that they just over produced based upon incorrect assumptions, or yes both. There are a lot of products which unfortunately fail and end up in the bargain bins, and sometimes it has nothing to do with whether a movie is good or bad.

And millions may have loved the film, but it’s also possible that millions of others didn’t. Or it could just be that the main demographic that purchase toys, those being children didn’t like the film.

And I?m not the vocal minority... no wonder she was hardly in Endgame

Her appearance didn?t leave much presence or spectacle. After all Iron Man saved the day and Carol Danvers skinny ass was thrown into space by one quick ***** slap

I believe it’s been stated by the directors that she wasn’t in Endgame much because she was just too powerful relative to both Captain America and Iron Man. And given that this was their send off, I can understand why they went the route they did.

And I’ve got to disagree as all of Captain Marvels ‘limited’ scenes were presence and spectacle. That in itself was probably the only weakness of the character as there was no narrative flow or growth etc.

And she wasn’t slapped into space, she was punched with a damn infinity stone. That’s no small thing.

Honestly I do believe they have made her too powerful, as it seems that the only ones who would be a match for her would be cosmic entities, and narratively I’m slightly concerned about that.

Girls didn?t buy boys toys
It?s been true in the 80s and it?s true now

Those ?millions? of people that loved Captain Marvel didn?t translate into retailers pockets

And plus the figures were butt ugly

Why does this forum replace punctuation with question marks?

U just answered ur own dumb question

Antman

Add Scarlet Witch and Vision

Add the entire Avengers East Coast team

She Hulk Tigra Wonder Man Quicksilver

Etc etc etc and then maybe think about adding Captain ?Square? Marvel to the team...

Is she even an Avenger?

Durrrrr

You said the founding members were missing in action (as if none of them had been done. I suggest you re-read your post) but they’ve already produced four out of the five founding members, that only include Iron Man, Ant Man, Thor, Wasp and Hulk.

I’m just going to assume you meant to write - yet a founding member is MIA, instead of what you actually wrote “yet the founding members are MIA“.

Selection after Captain America, is up to Sideshow, as sometimes it seems that anyone and everyone has been a member of the Avengers including members of the Fantastic Four and the X-Men.

And I didn’t disagree that maybe they should’ve gone with another character given the ‘feelings’ of some people.

Xmas time both these were released at the Disney Store

20 remain on the shelves

None of these are to be found

avengers-endgame-thanos-marvelselect-700x853.jpg

She comes with a frickin cat

How riveting ...

That?s sarcasm btw

Girls didn?t buy boys toys
It?s been true in the 80s and it?s true now

Those ?millions? of people that loved Captain Marvel didn?t translate into retailers pockets

And plus the figures were butt ugly

Very good points. It makes total sense. But it seems that both of your points seem to indicate that because the film was probably better received and aimed at girls, plus if the figures were truly badly made, that no matter how good the film ‘could’ve been’, good merchandise sales were maybe always a non starter.

Play nice, Freaks.

Be constructive with your criticism per our board's CoC and Community Guidelines.

Thread cleaned.

Unfortunately total constructive criticism seems unlikely. There seems to be a lot of 'dislike' directed (warranted or not) to this 'character' from certain people who can't necessarily separate their opinions of the actor who plays the movie version, from the comic book version that it was based on.

And because of this, I wonder if any statue company will ever produce a large scale version of the MCU Captain Marvel. Heck a blown up version of the new 1/10 Iron Studios Captain Marvel (with finer details of course) would look great imo.

(And I'm just going to assume that there was a post or two after my last one to warrant the cleaning, as I tried to keep my posts fairly passive)

Honestly you could tear down most of the MCU films if one were to really try. I enjoy most of them for what they are, and Captain Marvel sits about halfway down the list for me. The only reason I cared about what the actress said, wasn’t the content, but the mess it made of the movies reception, warranted or not.

And I know most find it a bit slow, but the slowest movie of the year for me, even slower than something like Ad Astra, was Joker (kept on looking at my watch)..... I know, my opinion is pretty much worthless after that :cuckoo: One of the very few times my feelings about a film ran counter to the general audience etc.

Honestly you could tear down most of the MCU films if one were to really try. I enjoy most of them for what they are, and Captain Marvel sits about halfway down the list for me. The only reason I cared about what the actress said, wasn’t the content, but the mess it made of the movies reception, warranted or not.

And I know most find it a bit slow, but the slowest movie of the year for me, even slower than something like Ad Astra, was Joker (kept on looking at my watch)..... I know, my opinion is pretty much worthless after that :cuckoo: One of the very few times my feelings about a film ran counter to the general audience etc.

There's a few marvel films that stink - but I think captain marvel's the worst. I liked Joker until the end when he turned full leave brittany alone...

There's a few marvel films that stink - but I think captain marvel's the worst. I liked Joker until the end when he turned full leave brittany alone...

For me it’s not quite the worst for me, and after going through all the films it ranks a bit lower than I thought it would.

My approximate MCU rankings based on how much I ‘continue to enjoy’ the 23 movies, from top to bottom:-

Infinity War (enjoyed this more than any other MCU film)
Avengers, Endgame
Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy (a couple of the best MCU films)
Civil War, Homecoming, Far From Home (the Sony films both have well developed villains imo)
Iron Man (for getting the ball rolling)
Black Panther, Doctor Strange (I’m liking Doctor Strange more now than when it originally came out)
Captain America, Captain Marvel, Thor, Ant Man, Ant Man and the Wasp (these are all average for me, but I still like them)
Iron Man 3, Guardians 2, Age of Ultron
Hulk, Dark World, Thor Ragnarok, Iron Man 2 (like Joker, I must be one of the few who didn’t care for Ragnarok, except for the action scenes)

I wonder if any statue company will ever produce a large scale version of the MCU Captain Marvel. Heck a blown up version of the new 1/10 Iron Studios Captain Marvel (with finer details of course) would look great imo.

Very much agreed, I have not seen notice of many film CM statues, and even though I'm not a statue/bust collector, I'n tempted by that IS EG Captain Marvel. For me, from the film, I'd really like a representation of when she gains the rest of her powers, and the closest to that is the Marvel Legends figure.

P9yg3ye.jpg

Back