Captain Marvel 13 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DCD really seems to be hitting their stride with this line. I just got the Superman Returns figure and was blown away by how good it is.

Never knew Cap was hispanic. I guess I could be Captain Marvel this Halloween. :lol

Unless he looks like the Alex Ross likeness from Kingdom Come it just doesn't look like Captain Marvel.

I'm kind of surprised by some of their choices for this line. At least the order of the choices.
I certainly hope they get the Captain Action license but develop a new 1:6 body for it.

I'm not so sure about about the head sculpt. It also looks a little small on the body.

Loving the costume, but the head sculpt hasn't sold me. but I'll definitely be getting him. WHERE'S WONDER WOMAN!?

MisterToyNYC said:
What do you mean? What makes you think he's "hispanic"?

Eric

I believe it's his opinion that the headsculpt has a hispanic look to it.

Actually thats the golden age look of ole' Marvel....unlike his superman likness of late....

Darklord Dave said:
Loving the costume, but the head sculpt hasn't sold me. but I'll definitely be getting him. WHERE'S WONDER WOMAN!?

Supposedly we're getting Black Canary before WW because Canary's costume covers up the joints more than WW's does.

BTW I think this Cap Marvel heads looks rather Eddie Munster-like but I'll still get it.

MisterToyNYC said:
What do you mean? What makes you think he's "hispanic"?

Eric

The face sculpt doesn't look "golden age CM" to me. It has a very ethnic flavor to it in my opinion.

Myself being hispanic that's how I see it. :monkey3

Well, the "Big Red Cheese's" sculpt does have an ethnic look I guess if you see it that way, and I understand where you could. I like the sculpt as I have most of the others so far from the new 13" DCD line. Costume looks pretty nice too although I think the tunic should have a looser fitting appearance regardless of what era he represents. And actually I think this is meant to represent the Alex Ross Justice League look, not "Golden Age" per se. I believe the whole 13" line is meant to.
I'm happy overall with the figures so far. I'd like them to be slightly, and I really do mean slightly shorter, and a little bit trimmer since they would look more in scale with my SSC and other 1/6th figures, but I'm pretty happy with them otherwise. I'm looking forward to a complete (more or less) JSA in this size someday. They seem to be getting there. And as someone else mentioned, Hawkman is going to be a very cool addition when they get around to him. Probably a higher priced one also considering the size of the wings.

I think it could use some tweaking in the head sculpt but I am sold none-the-less. I've heard all kind of ethnic resemblances from Italian to Hispanic so there is something about it that is not attracting many collectors. I think it's ok but needs a little softening up. The costume is fantastic though.

The costume looks good but I'm not liking the head sculpt. It's also too small to be on a 1/6.5 scale body but probably close in scale to what it should've been, true 1/6 scale.

I think I'd rather see the belt and chest symbol match the yellow of the boots; otherwise, the boot color seems distracting. Actually, I'd rather all the gold in the costume be closer to the traditional yellow hue, and all matching. As far as future figures in the DCD line, Hawkman would rock, and I'd like to see Green Arrow, Black Canary, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter as well. Then it would be great if DC would do the Golden Age JSA; Flash, Green Lantern, Dr Fate, Spectre, etc.

Back