Captain America Villains

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anzik

Super Freak
Reaction score
After receiving my Red Skull figure I decided to make some more baddies to face off against the Hot Toys Cap. In keeping with the theme of the films I decided to go with a more realistic version of the characters, using the classic color scheme.

I started with Baron Zemo, and instead of a body suit went with more of a uniform. I had started sculpting a head but then I saw a Cobra Commander head for sale which would be cheaper in the long run so I did a repaint and added the crown.

Then I started on Arnim Zola after playing the Captain America:Super Soldier game. I opened up the body of an old Hasbro figure and used the chassis inside as a base and went from there. I was going to us the arms and legs which do look sort of mechanical but decided to make everything from scratch instead.

He is articulated but due to the weight he needs a stand. I'm working on adding some stabilizers though. This was my first attempt at adding electronics to a figure and was pretty happy with the results.

Thanks guys it took about 3 months to finish. A lot of fun but not something I think I would attempt again in this medium.

I really hope the Cap movies bring that version of Zola in. I would also love to see a Zemo-led Masters of Evil take on the Avengers, but since he hasn't been referenced at all to my recollection I don't reckon that will happen.

Back