1/6 Captain America U.S.Agent/The Captain Avengers movie style custom!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveh75

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Guys! New Here! Been an OSW member for about a year or so now, and just Finished my first custom! Wanted to share it here too. Using the HT Avengers Cap, I changed it into the Black Captain America costume. Mostly know as the U.S.Agent suit. It was first worn by Steve Rogers who simply called himself THE CAPTAIN when he quit being cap for a while and was replaced by John Walker (U.S.Agent). Seeing as it's a Chris Evans headsculpt and he plays Cap, I made it my own version of The Captain suit just based on the Avengers movie version. Being one of the few that liked the Avengers suit, it's just something I wanted to do!

Thanks for looking!

Pics below include final + some of the work in progress

Which paintings and methods did you use for clothes?

Glad you posted this over here as it Needs to be appreciated by ALL Marvel fans :D

Again you took the films weakest uniform and breathed New life into IMHO and Kudos.

This looks AMAZING, I love it. So did you use black fabric paint on the clothes?

Also the shield looks great.

Great job!!

Amazing work! He looks great and the tailoring is impressive!

Uhmm...can he put his arms down against his sides? :lol

Thanks everyone! Really I appreciate all the complements, and welcomes. Also, thank you all for even just looking. :)

Glad you posted this over here as it Needs to be appreciated by ALL Marvel fans :D

Again you took the films weakest uniform and breathed New life into IMHO and Kudos.

Thanks Man! I really appreciate all the kind words, here and at OSW.

Which paintings and methods did you use for clothes?

This looks AMAZING, I love it. So did you use black fabric paint on the clothes?

Also the shield looks great.

Great job!!

I originally wanted to use fabric paint, but the first one I got sprayed very wet and bled through a lot. After that, I had to kinda go back and really decide what I could use. I wanted something I knew I could control. I wanted to keep the white on the upper arms and also not color the zippers on pants. So I used the same Testors Flat Black spray enamel that I used on the head as well as the belt. This solved two problems. 1. Control of coloring what I wanted, and 2. color matching everything in the end. I knew I would risk making the suit stiff. But I used very light coats on both the pants and jacket, taping off parts I didn't want to paint, and spraying from at least a foot away. Letting them dry and moving them in between coats so they wouldn't freeze in place. They are I admit a little stiff but not bad at all. And I can pose the fig just fine, albeit with the same hindrance that the original HT Cap had.

As for the stripes. I wanted to reuse the original ones that came with the HT version, so that the material would match the actual HT Cap. I had to cut them out separately, trim and even them, and then glued them with fabric glue to a white piece of t-shirt fabric. The grooves that were in the original piece I had to work around giving me less of the original material to actually use. So I maximized what I could. Glad I didn't have to go and buy another material or striped fabric to replace it. I wanted it to feel like it was a part of the movie universe as much as possible.

Amazing work! He looks great and the tailoring is impressive!

Uhmm...can he put his arms down against his sides? :lol

LOL! I can see why you would ask that. Again the sliver peices do kinda hinder movement a little. And I admit I was afraid of the glue coming undone. So Once I found a position I liked enough I just left him that way. They do move with some finess. I'm just glad he's done and looking pretty in my case for now, and don't plan on changing his pose really. But here is a pic anyway to show they do move. :)

I know it's been a while since I posted this fig, but I took some recent photos I wanted to share. Kind of a small final update on this fig before I get too deep into my next custom. I adjusted his pose a bit to look more natural (hopefully....not exactly the best at posing figs). Wish I could capture more detail, but it's the best I could do with my lighting and camera in house. I put all the pics together to try and save time and space. Enjoy!

Back