Captain America movie Premium Format Figure Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the nation reels from overwhelming excitement with The Avengers, a film that will most likely become the highest grossing film of all time.

DSC_0228.jpg

But The Avengers couldn't exist without all the Marvel heroes films that have come before, the most recent of which is Captain America, The First Avenger.

Sideshow Collectibles Premium Format Figure (Exclusive) from CA:tFA just arrived on my doorstep, mere days after the movie Thor PF. I'm pretty thrilled with Cap, although there are some minor issues.

It arrived in the standard brown mailer with an art box inside:
DSC_0168.jpg

Everything was packed well in the traditional white styrofoam:
DSC_0170.jpg

I got number 170/500:
DSC_0173.jpg

Assembly is fairly straightforward:
DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

The exclusive version includes a change out left arm with a battle damaged shield. Since the standard shield is on the right arm, this means you can display him with both shields.

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

The standard PF comes with a masked head and a portrait of Chris Evans as Steve Rogers.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

I could want a better paint job on the Evans portrait, but the sculpt is excellent. It seems Evans is difficult to capture and I think this is the best we've seen from any company.

DSC_0188.jpg

The main attraction of a Premium Format figure is the realism added by using mixed media in production. On Cap the pants and red straps on the front and grey strap on the back are cloth, the gun belt, holster and pouches and bandoleer are leather-like, and the rest is polystone.

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

The colors match really well from the boots to gloves to leather parts, as does the polystone top with cloth bottom.

The arms and heads attach with magnets and they are very strong. There was a slight problem with the exclusive arm being a bit heavy for the magnet so it didn't seem to sit flush, but after some jiggling it fit tight.

Overall I'm very pleased with this PF, it fits in nicely with the other movie PFs and I"m looking forward to adding Black Widow to the mix.

The exclusive is sold out, but you can still get the regular edition here:
Captain America Premium Format Movie Figure

and the Thor movie PF is shipping now:
Thor Premium Format Movie Figure

And you can still get on the waitlist for Black Widow:
Black Widow Premium Format Movie Figure

DSC_0231.jpg

Back