Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh there is a fair amount of buzz, but a lot of people already own at least one Cap. I think we are all just sitting back to see when the PO goes up, and what the exclusive is.

Actually this is going to be my first Cap if am not going to be broken by then...:gah:

So how many believe the new Cap PF is superior to the original? :flag

ynubyvyz.jpg

Nope...unless the new Cap has better ex parts, the original still reigns supreme.

Yeah plenty of misses in the new PF...least of which..the torso needs to be resculpted..he's simply way too scrawny to be Cap who's 240+ lbs of muscle..The shield shouldn't be damaged and the face should be reworked

The original Cap PF will always remain a great PF for the Classic comic look.

However I prefer the new Cap PF because I really like the military feel of it.

The original PF had three things I didn't like; the swashbuckler boots, the blue underwear over the spandex and the right hand "claw" pose.

But those are just my nitpicks. Your mileage may vary.

So how many believe the new Cap PF is superior to the original? :flag

ynubyvyz.jpg

Honestly, I prefer the New PF based on the photos becasue of the increased detail, and I love the pose. However, that is only based on the photos. I am still most likely going to pass, but it looks great

Nope...unless the new Cap has better ex parts, the original still reigns supreme.

Yeah plenty of misses in the new PF...least of which..the torso needs to be resculpted..he's simply way too scrawny to be Cap who's 240+ lbs of muscle..The shield shouldn't be damaged and the face should be reworked

I would argue that the size isn't horrible given the pose with the twist in the torso... His back is huge. As for the shield the paint is scratched the metal isn't damaged. In recent continuity they hint that the paint job on his shield is often redone. Though I think that was influenced by the movies.

I like them both. The heads shiny on the original and as stated before the extra trunks over the pants. But yeah on the new one I dont like the face or mask as much and also think he needs more bulk. Both beautiful though

New Cap will be my first and judging on those pics, it's a much more impressive design and pose.

I like the original far more but the new one still looks cool. but, already have my favorite so prob gonna pass on this one unless the EX is awesome with a switchout head and arm or something like that.

The original pose (and execution of the pose) is much more iconic, and that statue represents the classic comic version of Cap that I really care about. The new one seems to have more realistic proportions and is "grittier" and more modern (which sounds odd as he's in WWII mode). It also has a less traditional, action pose, which is something some folks prefer about SSC over, say, Bowen. So both have pros, and cons (paint apps on the original leave something to be desired, and the newer Cap seems to be an SSC interpretation of sorts). I like them both, but the original wins in a landslide for me.

The original Cap PF will always remain a great PF for the Classic comic look.

However I prefer the new Cap PF because I really like the military feel of it.

The original PF had three things I didn't like; the swashbuckler boots, the blue underwear over the spandex and the right hand "claw" pose.

But those are just my nitpicks. Your mileage may vary.

I agree on all counts, there seems to be a lot more going on with the new cap which I like a lot, I also agree with another comment about not being muscular enough, he needs to be juiced up a bit but other than that the new so far looks like grail status to me.

Love it. This thread has become a study of cognitive dissonance.

A) Most with the original cap PF will have trouble accepting that the new one is "as good it not better than" the original PF. Especially if they payed an inflated aftermarket price for it.

B) Most who missed out or got into the hobby late and were not willing to shell out the inflated price have trouble accepting that the original PF might still be better.

So the mind struggles to find facts that support cognitive sonance by finding faults within the other.

Group A will mention that they do not like the new PF's face as it looks like he is in pain, or that she looks a little too skinny, or that he is somehow less iconic.

Group B will mention that they never liked the hot pants or the boots and prefer the dynamic pose of the new statue.

A) Most with the original cap PF will have trouble accepting that the new one is "as good it not better than" the original PF. Especially if they payed an inflated aftermarket price for it.

B) Most who missed out or got into the hobby late and were not willing to shell out the inflated price have trouble accepting that the original PF might still be better.

So the mind struggles to find facts that support cognitive sonance by finding faults within the other.

Group A will mention that they do not like the new PF's face as it looks like he is in pain, or that she looks a little too skinny, or that he is somehow less iconic.

Group B will mention that they never liked the hot pants or the boots and prefer the dynamic pose of the new statue.

Thats all said pretty perfectly actually

Make no mistake the new Cap/Skull PF's are absolute must haves for fans of Cap and WW2 aficionados :flag :clap

Sideshow-Captain-America-and-Red-Skull-Preview.jpg

There's some truth to this, I'm sure, but. . .it sounds like you are saying no one can have any opinions over anything associated with either statue without being lumped into one of these two groups here?

There's some truth to this, I'm sure, but. . .it sounds like you are saying no one can have any opinions over anything associated with either statue without being lumped into one of these two groups here?

For the most part that is the case. Opinion is not necessarily rational. It is often merely a point of view that is a result of personal experiences and your current state vis-a-vis the target (cognitive biases).

Our minds struggle for cognitive sonance. We have a tendancy to discard what is dissonant and assimilate what is sonant so as to further validate our opinion.

Your initial thought after watching a movie is that you dislike it. Do you not find yourself often looking at reviews and comments to further validate what you already believe? You read the negative ones and you are like, "Yes! Yes!". You read a positive review and you feel the need to accuse that person of being wrong.

To not fall into a category is to have the means and desire for both... or to somehow slot into George Orwell's description of "Double think" from 1984.

It's almost like SS makes different things for different collectors who want to collect different things, or so different collectors who want different versions of the same character can have different versions. What a strange world we live in.

Back