Capt. Miller HELP!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gentlemen, perhaps this new release will be a good choice to start your Miller project off:

https://www.onlinedid.com/products/wwii_us/80046/

80046-28.jpg

I just saw this figure on another site and my first though was - CAPT. MILLER. I will also be picking one up after I get paid at the end of the month. It' looks like a great figure all around.

DouglasMcc said:
I just saw this figure on another site and my first though was - CAPT. MILLER. I will also be picking one up after I get paid at the end of the month. It' looks like a great figure all around.
I just sent payment for my Miller head and I'm pre-ordering the above figure, that'll be a hell of a start! :rock

i just hope that Ranger helmet isn't as huge as it looks in some of those DID pics. i'm hearing that the Miller/Hanks sculpt is a bit on the small side so if that helmet is big on the normal DID head, it may be gigantic on the Longbow/Miller sculpt.

Mookeylama said:
i just hope that Ranger helmet isn't as huge as it looks in some of those DID pics. i'm hearing that the Miller/Hanks sculpt is a bit on the small side so if that helmet is big on the normal DID head, it may be gigantic on the Longbow/Miller sculpt.
i agree the helmet looks huge. i've already got a different helmet ready to rock though. the only things i need are the vest, jacket, pants, and shirts. everything else is going to be discharged.

Actually, DiD's helmet do fit on Miller's sculpt fairly well when the liner is removed (liner always do funny stuff to 1/6 headsculpt, so I have the habit of removing them prior to photoshoot) Anyway, without babbling on, here's a photo
img0070uc1.jpg

ok i finally got my miller sculpt and my Neo3 body in the mail last week. how do i put the sculpt on the neck post???

I would try to sand down the neo3's neck post a bit with a file or dremel, and then attach miller sculpt with a glue gun.

sorry to bump an old thread but i'm ready to tackle my Miller. got the Longbow sculpt and was thinking of getting this DID David Merrill. is this the best gear out there for Miller? because the DID is missing some stuff i think. heard there was a DRagon Miller out there that had just about everything needed. is it as good as the DID?
and if the DID gear is better than what extra stuff will be needed to make Miller accurate?
looks like maybe some leggings. a knife? any advice would be appreciated.

I've been working on a Captain Miller Myself... I found this to be a very useful thread over at one sixth warriors:

Capt. Miller Thread

Obviously, it's an older headsculpt but the outfit seems pretty great.

I bought a decent Miller custom on-line that had a nice paint job on the Longbow Sculpt. The Merrill is a nice beginning and then it just depends on how accurate and detailed you want to get. The most critical piece you'll want to get outside of what is included in the box is the M41 Jacket. You can pick one of those up pretty easily on Ebay or on-line at places like Monkey Depot, Echo Base Toys, or Toy Soldier Brigade.

I've never done a kit bash before but this has been really fun hunting down little pieces to make him more and more accurate and/or detailed. I'll post pictures of mine soon.

Okay, so here is the work in progress Miller. I adjusted the color of the photos to match the look of the movie as best as I could.

IMG_1607_2.jpg

IMG_1600_3.jpg

IMG_1598_3.jpg

Again, ,most of it is from the Merrill figure. Included a great pair of pants, shirt, weapons, etc. The helmet is also very good and made of metal.

I like the vest but I'm looking for a better one. It's sitting next to Miller in the pictures. I'm also still working on the jacket, I added the pins on the collar of the shirt, and you'll also have to add leggings and maybe change boots.

The other nice thing about the Merrill figure is it comes with a loose 'rangers' arm patch. You can stick it on any jacket you like :)

Good luck.

thanks so much Rugby! i actually found that OSW thread recently and posted in it yesterday asking for help lol. unfortunately 99% of the stuff the topic creator used is now either sky high or impossible to find.

urs looks great. did u use anything off the Dragon Miller fig? i'd heard those collar pins only came w/ that fig. and what's wrong w/ Merrils' vest? too big?

man i wish that sculpt was just a bit bigger! i wonder if using the "water treatment" on the clothes might make them shrink some.

I actually used a Lions Roar Detail set for the collar pins. I picked it up from Toy Soldier Brigade. It was funny buying it since I only used the two little parts but it comes with like 76 parts. It had some extra collar pins so if you'd like to send me a PM I'll send you a set of the extras. They are TINY.

Yeah, the problem with the vest is that it is a little too big, especially in the back where it falls over the Canteen and belt. In the movie the vest is high enough so that you can still see the belt, etc. It's still a nice piece though but I'm going to try one by BBI. We'll see.

The head might be a touch small but you really don't notice it in person as much. Actually, in the movie his head looks a little small when he is all geared up:)

Back