Can we still pick up our Comic Con Exclusive at the Con?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madnug

Super Freak
Reaction score
Dear Sideshow -

I just read your latest newsletter, and there is the paragraph regarding 2012's Comic-Con exclusives which says:

"Be sure to check out Sideshow Collectibles' Facebook page to get a tiny taste of two of our four 2012 Exclusives! Then be sure to sign-up to our Comic-Con interest list to get your first look at our other two exclusives before anyone else! We'll start taking orders for our con Exclusives the first week of July and will be shipping them out right before showtime (whether you'll be attending SDCC or not). This gives attendees more opportunities to grab more stuff at the show with those free arms!"

Does this mean that there will be no pick up at the show in person, and everything will be shipped? If this is the case, I will be very disappointed as I am not from Canada and go to Comic-Con each year and look forward to be able to pick up all the goods so that I do not have to worry about the extra shipping and duty while importing by freight. Not able to pick up the exclusive in person would mean that my cost on these figures are at least $30-$40 more than the listed price.

Please kindly let me know if this is the case so that I can budget myself.

Thank you very much!

Dear Sideshow -

I just read your latest newsletter, and there is the paragraph regarding 2012's Comic-Con exclusives which says:

"Be sure to check out Sideshow Collectibles' Facebook page to get a tiny taste of two of our four 2012 Exclusives! Then be sure to sign-up to our Comic-Con interest list to get your first look at our other two exclusives before anyone else! We'll start taking orders for our con Exclusives the first week of July and will be shipping them out right before showtime (whether you'll be attending SDCC or not). This gives attendees more opportunities to grab more stuff at the show with those free arms!"

Does this mean that there will be no pick up at the show in person, and everything will be shipped? If this is the case, I will be very disappointed as I am not from Canada and go to Comic-Con each year and look forward to be able to pick up all the goods so that I do not have to worry about the extra shipping and duty while importing by freight. Not able to pick up the exclusive in person would mean that my cost on these figures are at least $30-$40 more than the listed price.

Please kindly let me know if this is the case so that I can budget myself.

Thank you very much!

Sideshow's not in Canada. :dunno

2012 Sideshow Exclusives that have been tailored to be available around Comic-Con time will not be available to pick-up at the actual show. We will be shipping almost all of the 4 Exclusives out right before Comic-Con begins.

This gives y'all more room in your suitcases to bring more loot home though, right? :)

-SideshowAlex

Defeats the purpose of having SDCC exclusives and attendee vs. non Attendee options. Why is SS changing it up this year? Hope it's not permanent.

Defeats the purpose of having SDCC exclusives and attendee vs. non Attendee options. Why is SS changing it up this year? Hope it's not permanent.

Yeah, that's exactly what I am asking about. If we are not to get it from Comic-Con, then it is not really a comic-con exclusive. More like a limited time offer online....

Oh, my suitcase is mainly for Sideshow's exclusives every year! And I am very sad to know that I will not be able to just pick them up at the show and now have to most likely pay much more coz of shipping and the Canadian import duties.... :(

Back