Can someone recommend styling glue for hair?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which figure are you trying to style the hair on? I used a very very small amount of weak hair gel on my sarah connor t-1000 disguise figure and it turned out great. Its completely up to you buy I wouldn't use glue. Not sure how it will react with the fibers and once its dried your kind of stuck

Anything other than hair gel/spray will flop the hair strands together and make it an unseemly mess, similar to wet hair and will stay that way forever.

And you can't even test it on cheap figures as they usually use different material for hair than more expensive figures.

I think you should try with a separate handful of that material you use for hair, just glue the top to a surface but leave the rest like it looks on the final model and then try various types of techniques to see which works best.

Paint and glue will make it stiff and unmaneuverable - only fitting if you don't intent to or need to work with it again. If the fixings will be a permanent addition and not something be removed later and have the hair look normal again, then a rubber band can be used as a stand-in to simulate the squeeze of the goggle strap, while you glue down the hair - then remove the rubber band and add the goggles, but again: this is for a permanent look.

I doubt you'll be able to do a styling that leaves the hair workable afterwards for on and off application of accessories.

may sound crazy and over the top, but your figure is going to need a haircut... and if you want it to look like your template, it will have to be professionally done.

theressomethingaboutmary.jpg

Back