Can someone explain this please.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazombie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,dont know if this is a stupid question but if HT has the MGS licence then how come play arts kai are releasing solid snake and (an amazing) cyborg ninja figures with plans of meryl and solidus snake also in development?

Different companies can have license to make different kinds of collectibles; like statues, versus 1/6 versus vinyl collectibles, etc.

And sometimes the same kind of license can also be held by different companies in different countries; both Sideshow and Medicom have a 1/6 Star Wars license.

Hi,dont know if this is a stupid question but if HT has the MGS licence then how come play arts kai are releasing solid snake and (an amazing) cyborg ninja figures with plans of meryl and solidus snake also in development?

PlayArts Kai = non-scaled specific MGS license
Hot Toys = 1/6 scaled specific MGS license

mind blown

Thanks for the answers guys just thought that once a licence had been bought then whoever had the licence had the rights to that franchise for however long it was agreed. i know people are waiting for HT to make MGS figures but im more than happy with the play arts kai MGS collectibles being released soon. wish play arts kai got the licence for mass effect that would be awesome :pray:

play arts kai suxorz, I bought an adam jensen figure and his armor is scratched. also I think its too overpriced. not that hot toys isnt over priced.

He only does it because he cares...;)

Bingo! :clap

Though it's upsetting to see posters (Lejuan for example) _____ing about me when i didn't even comment in the thread :pfft:

I don't mean to be a broken record, and i won't when HT finally makes figures from one of the several licenses they have announced that i'm excited for. Odds are one of them has to debut soon.

_______

@Gazombie both Play Arts and Hot Toys has the MGS license, Play Arts are actually using it at the moment & Hot Toys have not. The Hot Toys figures will come eventually in the mean time i'm liking the Play Arts and am gonna get Solid Snake, and the cost isn't too bad so they're worth consideration while you wait :wave

Last edited:
has anyone had experience with play arts kai figures as the mgs will be my first time buying play arts kai,are they good quality and worth the money (about 55 pound each)?

has anyone had experience with play arts kai figures as the mgs will be my first time buying play arts kai,are they good quality and worth the money (about 55 pound each)?
Yeah,they're really great figures!:yess:I had some of the figures from the Final Fantasy line but sold them.I still kept my Chris Redfield figure though and he looks great.I'm most definitely picking up the Arkham Aslyum line that they have coming out.as for the license deal yeah more than one company can have the same license unless there is some sort of exclusivity clause

Back