Cameron will only make AVATAR movies from here on out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before this film came out the other Avatars I knew were Ang and Avatars from Everquest

Ever since these sequels were first announced there hasn't been *one single* bit of news or interview clip that has contained anything to make me think "wow, cool." A pretty impressive feat.

It’s weird. They casted already but it doesn’t seem like anything is getting done? Shouldn’t there of been some big announcement about this casting? For a movie that is the highest grossing movie of all time they don’t seem to care about the sequel. People aren’t gonna be hype for a movie that came out 7 yrs ago

Why do they need to release every little detail? People need hype to see a movie?

Like back in the day, just drop a trailer when ready and let it do it's work.

Why do they need to release every little detail? People need hype to see a movie?

Exactly...back then trailer...even an awesome movie poster was enough to make one see a film...

**** man yea. That’s what every movie is built on nowadays ? It ain’t back then anymore

It’s weird. They casted already but it doesn’t seem like anything is getting done? Shouldn’t there of been some big announcement about this casting? For a movie that is the highest grossing movie of all time they don’t seem to care about the sequel. People aren’t gonna be hype for a movie that came out 7 yrs ago

I certainly don't care about the sequel(s) JC has planned. If he gets bored/tired with planning it, just turn it over to Ridley Scott, I'm sure he'll take the franchise into places you've never thought of.....

By the time he makes the movie the tech will probably exist to replace them with convincing CGI versions of themselves

Maybe they'll do that with Cameron first, and the CGI-Cameron will cancel this fiasco.

it won't go past 3....this has near zero hope box office-wise against Marvel and SW...he couldn't have picked a worse time to get these made- ten years ago he might have had a chance- way too little and far too late as they say

it won't go past 3....this has near zero hope box office-wise against Marvel and SW...he couldn't have picked a worse time to get these made- ten years ago he might have had a chance- way too little and far too late as they say

Don't underestimate the rest of the world though, especially China. I could see the next few Avatar films doing Fast & Furious/Transformers numbers, making average profits in the US but killing it overseas.

Oh there's always room for more Avatar movies making loads of money at the Boxoffice. :)

On the contrary, we may be seeing the first signs of SW fatigue, and Marvel fatigue can't be far behind.

(I already have Marvel fatigue - I still haven't seen IW! :chase)

Back