Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that is what I figure. But it just makes me think. They are probably doing away with numbering them in their titles.

i think so. they should. since Infinity Ward & Treyarch are clearly taking different paths with the games from now on.

Seriously?Ive played COD4 through 3 times and im pretty sure you dont have to run through them to get to the next area,allthough the areas were smaller so it might seem like it.There was at 1 point in the middle east people kept coming on a roof shooting down,but besides that i didnt notice anything like that.
There are a number of spots, I can think of right off the bat. After the building assault in the where you have to get to the TV station. Inside the TV station main room. The escape after sniper part. Not counting waiting for Helicopter. The airplane, there are probably more that I cant think of right off the bat. I may have been slightly worse in COD5 but than again it seems worse since the weapons are less effective.

^^^^ing AWESOME!!!! Can't wait!!!!

I loved the modern spin on COD4, so this should be kille too! I wonder what senario they will use for this one??!!

The one game I can't wait for is finally a good Vietnam shooter!!!! That will be the ^^^^!!!!

^^^^ing AWESOME!!!! Can't wait!!!!

I loved the modern spin on COD4, so this should be kille too! I wonder what senario they will use for this one??!!

The one game I can't wait for is finally a good Vietnam shooter!!!! That will be the ^^^^!!!!

It would be cool but for some reason I don't think it will ever come out. I think there is to much baggage involved with Vietnam war.

Well, they've already made a Vietnam game. It was called Shell Shocked or something like that. On PS2 or Xbox I believe.

It was decent, but I can see the COD4 engine running it and it looking spectacular!!

i think they should continue with the modern warfare setting, cod4 was, i my opinion, the best cod game, the story was also great and had one of the best endings i've ever seen.

Yeah, COD4 is the best and my fav so far!! Wish the single player would have been a little bit longer though!! And I hope they include 4 player co-op in this one or I'm gonna be pissed!!!!

As long as they continue to be quality games like Modern Warfare and World at War have been I'll be happy, I love my Call of Duty games. Seeing it move to the Vietnam War would be really cool, but what I want even more than that is a COD set during World War 1. We've never had any game based on that, or much of anything really, be it movies or whatever, so I think that would be a nice change.

I think they will cycle every year as they now appear to be doing, IW will be doing their MW games. And Treyarch will continue with WWII, I remember the President of Treyarch or someone high up said that there is still a lot to explore in WWII with the CoD franchise.

But I will be very excited to play MW2, the first was the best CoD or maybe a close 2nd to CoD2 for me. Either way it was great.

As long as they continue to be quality games like Modern Warfare and World at War have been I'll be happy, I love my Call of Duty games. Seeing it move to the Vietnam War would be really cool, but what I want even more than that is a COD set during World War 1. We've never had any game based on that, or much of anything really, be it movies or whatever, so I think that would be a nice change.

WWI might be hard to do... The weapons would make the pace of the game quite different, although it'd be interesting to see if they could pull it off.

Vietnam would be great. So many famous movie scenes for inspiration, too.

In response to the Call of Duty Checkpoints...

I am positive that all of the CoD's AIs will keep respawning until you move forward. I freaking Hate this about CoD. I loved MoH:Airborne becasue there was a set number of villians on the map. Once they were dead, they stayed dead.

I am excited about CoD:MW2 though. I love the muliplayer on 4. 5 is cool but I think 4 has much more replay value.

There are definitely checkpoints on COD4. Especially as you make your way to the TV station. There are multiple points, that if you don't move forward, the enemies will keep coming.

I can't wait for MW2!!!!

Yeah a Call of Duty game seems to be coming out every year. I'll be enjoying World at War for a while though.

They pretty much said that there will be a new COD ever year. Two developers are working on them switching out releasing a new one every other year.

They pretty much said that there will be a new COD ever year. Two developers are working on them switching out releasing a new one every other year.

exactly! each developer is taking 2 years to release a game! nothing strange a bout it.

Play.com states that Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 will hit stores November 13th '09. I wish it was sooner, but then again, COD5 is also a lot of fun at the moment.

Yeah i only like modern warfare, so I will be getting the even call of duties from now on. It is going to be another good year for gaming.

There are definitely checkpoints on COD4. Especially as you make your way to the TV station. There are multiple points, that if you don't move forward, the enemies will keep coming.

I can't wait for MW2!!!!
dude i absolutely hate that part on Veteran. it took me forever to realize that all i had to do what grenade and rush through that part before i could hit the checkpoint. it was so frustrating....but totally awesome to know that you made it through. i still need to finish the last 2 missions on veteran to unlock the achievement (as soon as i finish 5)

Back