Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know who in their right mind would buy it on the wii (unless that was their only console) I guess bad COD is better than no COD.

To me the screens look the same as the new goldeneye, which handles very much like cod since it's from Activision. It feels very much the same.

It's my only console for now (PS3 busted a while ago).

IMO it looks much better than goldeneye. Probably the best non-nintendo game for it actually. It's not missing much either, surprisingly.

It's my only console for now (PS3 busted a while ago).

IMO it looks much better than goldeneye. Probably the best non-nintendo game for it actually. It's not missing much either, surprisingly.

Nintendo Wii Version Edit:

The Nintendo Wii version was also made by Treyarch, and has most of the features of its PS3/360/PC counterparts. There are, however a few omissions due to the limitations of the Wii console itself. They are:

Mission #9, "Crash Site" has been shortened. The player can only steer the boat in the first part of the mission. The rest is unchanged.

Mission #15, Redemption has been shortened. Instead of engaging enemies from the chopper, the chopper simply drops Mason and Hudson off. The rest is unchanged.

Dead Ops Arcade and the Zombie map "Five" are not featured in the Wii version.

The Flamethrower weapon attachment is missing in Multiplayer.

The Valkyrie Rockets, Chopper Gunner, and Gunship killstreaks are all missing due to RAM limitations.

Theater Mode is missing due to RAM limitations.

Ground War is missing, on account of the Wii only being able to handle Black Ops Online with 10 players at the most...regular games are 5 vs 5, not 6 vs 6 like other consoles.

Reticule Customization, Clan Tags, Customizable Playercards, and Emblems are all missing due to the large amount of RAM it would use up.

As usual with Call of Duty games made for the Wii, killcams and final killcams are both missing due to RAM limitations.

Private Matches are not completely customizable. They are about on par with Modern Warfare 2 private match customization.

The Camera Spike equipment is missing in Wii version.

That's quite a decent amount of stuff missing. Enough to affect the gameplay IMHO.

Nintendo Wii Version Edit:

The Nintendo Wii version was also made by Treyarch, and has most of the features of its PS3/360/PC counterparts. There are, however a few omissions due to the limitations of the Wii console itself. They are:

Mission #9, "Crash Site" has been shortened. The player can only steer the boat in the first part of the mission. The rest is unchanged.

Mission #15, Redemption has been shortened. Instead of engaging enemies from the chopper, the chopper simply drops Mason and Hudson off. The rest is unchanged.

Dead Ops Arcade and the Zombie map "Five" are not featured in the Wii version.

The Flamethrower weapon attachment is missing in Multiplayer.

The Valkyrie Rockets, Chopper Gunner, and Gunship killstreaks are all missing due to RAM limitations.

Theater Mode is missing due to RAM limitations.

Ground War is missing, on account of the Wii only being able to handle Black Ops Online with 10 players at the most...regular games are 5 vs 5, not 6 vs 6 like other consoles.

Reticule Customization, Clan Tags, Customizable Playercards, and Emblems are all missing due to the large amount of RAM it would use up.

As usual with Call of Duty games made for the Wii, killcams and final killcams are both missing due to RAM limitations.

Private Matches are not completely customizable. They are about on par with Modern Warfare 2 private match customization.

The Camera Spike equipment is missing in Wii version.

That's quite a decent amount of stuff missing. Enough to affect the gameplay IMHO.

I disagree. I rarely use any of the stuff listed for multiplayer, in fact, I've never used the valk rockets, chopper gunner, or gunship...never played a ground war, never used the flamethrower...rarely pay attention to kill cams, and don't play much zombies. I could definitely live with the wii version if I had to.

I dunno that's quite a lot of stuff, it might not seem like much but I would wager that if someone was playing the PS3 or 360 version and had to demote to the wii they would miss a lot of it.

I don't mind it, it's still a fun game, and that's what matters :lecture This is pretty fun to use with the wii zapper, but I usually choose the classic controller for it.

Honestly I don't think I'd use much of that even if it were available. I DO miss killcams, though. This is still a large improvement over COD4 for the wii.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/DEB0H90lt_M?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/DEB0H90lt_M?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

.....they really need to fix the hit detection (I hate it when it goes against me and when it works in my favor) and the spawning. I'm about done with it.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/DEB0H90lt_M?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/DEB0H90lt_M?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Are those free ? :dunno

I'm currently at Lv46 and not sure whether or not I should Prestige at Lv50.
What are the Pros and Cons of Prestiging as I've heard you loose all your guns and purchases that you've made if you do prestige???

Ill be getting this from gamefly tommorow and looking forward to some online! hit me up if some of ya want to play on live ;)

I'm currently at Lv46 and not sure whether or not I should Prestige at Lv50.
What are the Pros and Cons of Prestiging as I've heard you loose all your guns and purchases that you've made if you do prestige???

If you prestige you lose your guns,perks and cash.

If your gonna prestige make sure you waste all your cash on your emblem/playercard.

Wow the last few comments have either been really ignorant or clueless.

I'm definitely picking this new map pack up, those look awesome and greatly extend the replay value.

Wow the last few comments have either been really ignorant or clueless.

I'm definitely picking this new map pack up, those look awesome and greatly extend the replay value.

I agree, will definitely be picking these maps up.
I wonder when it will be available for the PS3 and for how much?

Back