Cade Skywalker WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da Bronx Commando

Super Freak
Reaction score
Cade Skywalker WIP (UPDATED 6/04/09)

I am working on a Cade Skywalker custom and decided to post a few pics to get some feedback. If you don't know Cade is the last living descendant of Luke Skywalker and is featured in the Dark Horse comic series Legacy. He is a Jedi who gave up his training to be a space Pirate, but of course is forced back in! I went with a DiD realistic head and took the hair off. It came off very easily, just soak the head in water. I will be adding my own hair to the head.
DSC02472.jpg

I did some research and found out that the creator of the character envisioned his chest armor to have been leather so I decided to make it out of leather. Here is my first attempt at it, both off and on. Of course I need to add the straps. But I will be reworking the whole thing anyway.
DSC02473.jpg

DSC02471.jpg

And finally here is a pic of him with his trench, I picked this bad boy up on eBay. I have to add the shoulder piece to it.
DSC02474.jpg

Here are some pics of Cade Skywalker from the Dark Horse comics.
cade_skywalker.png

m_2fdcb67048725fef3266491b1ad75c72.jpg

Last edited:
at the VERy least, He's Ben Skywalker's ( Luke and Mara's son) Grandson. so that would make him Lukes Great GREAt grandson. This also happens fromtime to time in the legacy comics
Luke_Cade.JPG

Cade_Skywalker006.jpg

the only thi9g we know for sure is that Cade's Father is NOT Ben skywalker.

something else.. if i my. He looks fantastic mate, but Cade's armor is not leather in the comic, its a rusty Mandalorian Battle plate. I'd recomend geting ahold of some plastruct sheets, and simply cutting and shaping them with heat and hot water.

Been debating doing a cade myself for a while now, can you link me to a pic of the unmodified head you used?

However, i may decide to hold off As sideshow's hinted that they're making Cade.

lerath, I am not familiar with plastruct. What is that? Is it easy to work with? As for accuracy, I am getting frustrated because of the inconsistency of the comics. For example, sometimes, Cade wears 2 belts, others only 1, his coat has been black, brown, and ven like an ad color, his pants sometimes have texture (like Vader's suit) other times they have been flat. So I am just trying to find the 'happy medium". Like I mentioned, I read that the creator of the character had intended for the armor to be leather, that's why I went with the leather. Also what have you heard as far as Sideshow making a Cade? And finally here are some pics of the head with hair, and a longer neck.
did2.jpg

did1.jpg

did3.jpg

The hair looks awesome man.. He is going to make a mean looking jedi. :maul
I totally aggree with you, his character in the comic changes outfit all the time. I follow the serious my self and my favorite pants are the ones with patterns just like vaders. I am working on a pair for a dark jedi luke and its coming out ok, but its not easy. What lightsaber are you going to use for him?

Also what have you heard as far as Sideshow making a Cade?

I would be interested in that as well. :banana

The hair looks awesome man.. He is going to make a mean looking jedi. :maul
I totally aggree with you, his character in the comic changes outfit all the time. I follow the serious my self and my favorite pants are the ones with patterns just like vaders. I am working on a pair for a dark jedi luke and its coming out ok, but its not easy. What lightsaber are you going to use for him?

First off let me clarify, the last pics I posted are of the head with the original hair. I have not yet added my hair to the head. As for the pants, I had an old Vader suit that I cut to give him the pants, but it was fairly old and basically was just falling part as I handled the pants. I would love to know how you are doing your pants. As for the lightsaber, I had another member of another board make it for me. I should be getting it soon and I will post pics as soon as I get it. I will be putting up his e-mail address too because he makes some really cool custom items, so be on the lookout for that. I look forward to seeing your Dark Jedi Luke.

In one of the recent Q&A's from sideshow, a question was asked about future EU characters in the 1/6th line. the response is as follows
When you got the Star Wars 12-inch license one of the first things you did was the Expanded Universe poll. Over the last few years you’ve done Illum Padme, Asajj Ventress, General Kenobi and a ‘Force Unleashed’ Stormtrooper. With the exception of Ventress, all of these are variants of core movie characters. Do you plan to do more EU original characters in your Star Wars line? Mara Jade was a very close second in the poll, and I would love to see major EU characters like Jedi Knight Jacen and Jaina Solo, Quinlan Vos and Cade Skywalker!

We do have a soft spot for the EU characters, we admit it. We talk very fondly of Timothy Zahn’s works, when Star Wars novels provided the best, maybe the ONLY, way to experience new material in the SW universe. Our design team is also avidly following the Legacy series, and interesting tales like Star Wars: Visionaries.

Mara Jade is likely to appear sometime in the future in our Star Wars range, although she’s not in the 2009/2010 plans for the 12-inch line. However, there IS an announcement on the horizon that you’re likely to enjoy, although it’s not one of the characters that you specifically listed.

admittedly, they do say that the pending EU release is NOT cade in there, but they also say they're avidly following Cade's story. Read between the lines, and they're they're Hinting at doing one.

Plastruct is white plastic sheets, generaly avalible in packs of 10 from places that carry model building supplies ( like model trains, aircatf, cars, etc)
It can be cut, Heated and shaped with patience. the Gonk droids in the star wars section were made from pastruct. Awesome stuff, and very cheap.

Hey! Bronx Commando! your over here too, great job you got going there, I can't wait to see it finished. You should post your progress on the other site as well, never hurts to get as much imput as possible. That's how I get alot of my insperation.(could probably get more if I posted in progress shots).
I think the leather is working fine, and you can actually add (test first!) varnish or shellac(even glue) on leather to harden it up to make it look like armour (if you want to),
The trick is to use an old torso to shape it on befor applying the glue, otherwise, it will show bends where you try to shape it after.
Looking forward to more...

Hey! Bronx Commando! your over here too, great job you got going there, I can't wait to see it finished. You should post your progress on the other site as well, never hurts to get as much imput as possible. That's how I get alot of my insperation.(could probably get more if I posted in progress shots).
I think the leather is working fine, and you can actually add (test first!) varnish or shellac(even glue) on leather to harden it up to make it look like armour (if you want to),
The trick is to use an old torso to shape it on befor applying the glue, otherwise, it will show bends where you try to shape it after.
Looking forward to more...

Yeah, I joined here a couple of weeks ago, actually when I decided to do the Cade. I did do a post over at OSW too, actually posted there first. I am going to PM you about that process of hardening the leather. Sounds like something I would like to try. Thanks for the comments!

da bronx,

I got your PM.. Check out this thread I started. This is still work inprogress but you will see what I did with the fabric to star off... To get the pattern on the fabric is straight forward but very time consuming. It took me a good couple of hours to finish a 8x10 sheet of preleather with the texture. I am also using an hasbro vader suit for reference.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53315

Hope this helps.

Started his hair this evening and had to stop because I ran out of hair!! Let me know what you think. (Of corse the hair needs to be cut and styed)
DSC02481.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

DSC02486.jpg

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02488.jpg

I hope to get to Michael's tomorrow to get some more hair so I can finish this part. Thanks for looking.

I have since scrapped the doll hair. I finished it and realy hated how it looked. I changed direction and sculped some haor on using apoxie sculpt. I think this looks better.
DSCF0001-1.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004-1.jpg

DUDE! looks great. Eager to see this done. you mentioned on OSw that you were playing with Pastruct for armor, can you post it?

Still working on that Cade Skywalker. I have commisioned DNZ to do the pants, so pretty much all that's left is his blaster. I recently (well my wife actually) painted Cade's hair and added some shoulder straps to his coat. Still need to do the shoulder piece. I also made the chest armor out of Evergreen styrene, and painted the first layer. Needs to be weathered and have the logo put on it and still have to do his tattoos as well. But keep sending me feedback on how he's coming along.
DSCF0001-2.jpg

DSCF0002-3.jpg

DSCF0003-3.jpg

DSCF0004-3.jpg

DSCF0005-3.jpg

DSCF0006-2.jpg

I'm working on one of these my self for a friend, well I'm doing the chest armor and he is doing the rest; this is what I have so far. This is only a test run I'm using this for a template. I hope you don’t mind me posting this here.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back