Buying lithos and Wizard World Chicago 2013 (or comic-cons in general)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravitashusker

Freakalicious
Reaction score
[Mods, apologies in advance, please move if in error, but I thought the Freaks into comic art would possibly have an answer before I posted to the Events board.]

Any Freaks out there who have previously purchased a VIP pass to any of the Wizard World cons (New York, Austin, Chicago, Philly, etc)?

I've been to Chicago comic-con the last 3 years, but only on single day passes. Trying to determine whether it is worth it to get a 4-day regular pass or VIP pass (non-photo op VIP). I see that the VIP pass gets you some extra items such as lithographs, CGC graded comic, and early entry on a couple of days. Interested in the lithos mainly, but WW lists them as limited supply.

Freaks who have attended Wizard World (Chicago or otherwise) on a VIP pass - did you have to get there on the first day and be one of the first onto the floor in order to get a litho? I can queue up early, but if it means fighting elbows and knees to get something I'll pass. Basically I don't want to spring for the extra VIP pass over the regular multi-day pass if it means I can't get one of the lithographs at all considering the price differential for the passes ($250 vs $90 bucks). Thanks!

Have a question myself. I'm thinking of going this Saturday but besides the admission price to get in, do you also have to pay for signatures and pictures with guest? Or are those free?

Thanks!!

Yes, besides admission you'll have to pay for either autographs or photos with the celebs. Really depends on the celeb. For instance Norman Reedus in the past when signing at his booth will let fans take pics with him, so you can buy the cheaper autograph ticket and get a photo on your camera. Other celebs will charge for both or not allow the photos except at their official photo op.

As an aside, was there last night, not too bad, picked up a few prints and variant covers from EBAS, Dawn McTeigue, JP roth (writer) and Jamie Tyndall to go along with the free lithos as a VIP. Found all to be really charming, friendly and talkative. Was there when Jamie was still setting up his booth and he was really cool about discussing what some of his thoughts on SDCC as an artist and all when I brought up never having gone. Alan Davis and Michael Golden - first class acts all around. Have a few commissions to pick up today, so looking forward to it.

The lithos I was concerned about, no problems getting them because I think it was Thursday and all. Heading there soon to see what else to add to the loot bag!

Depends on the artist of the lithos. Most times I've seen them not sell out (I've been to philly WizCon for the past 12 years). I do the four day pass, only because you stand a better chance of getting autos on Sunday (assuming the person you want to see is attending that day). Popular ones will require a wait and queueing time.

[Mods, apologies in advance, please move if in error, but I thought the Freaks into comic art would possibly have an answer before I posted to the Events board.]

Any Freaks out there who have previously purchased a VIP pass to any of the Wizard World cons (New York, Austin, Chicago, Philly, etc)?

I've been to Chicago comic-con the last 3 years, but only on single day passes. Trying to determine whether it is worth it to get a 4-day regular pass or VIP pass (non-photo op VIP). I see that the VIP pass gets you some extra items such as lithographs, CGC graded comic, and early entry on a couple of days. Interested in the lithos mainly, but WW lists them as limited supply.

Freaks who have attended Wizard World (Chicago or otherwise) on a VIP pass - did you have to get there on the first day and be one of the first onto the floor in order to get a litho? I can queue up early, but if it means fighting elbows and knees to get something I'll pass. Basically I don't want to spring for the extra VIP pass over the regular multi-day pass if it means I can't get one of the lithographs at all considering the price differential for the passes ($250 vs $90 bucks). Thanks!

Back