Buying a new house...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior Alien

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sooooo frustrating!!! :sick

Those of you who have homes know what I'm talking about. My ENTIRE collection is currently taking up two storage units. Talk about not being able to sleep at night!!! :horror

Well, on the bright side of things... it's an incredible house! TONS of space and has a full unfinished basement that I'm going to turn into a theatre/ showroom with a bar. I'll def. post pics of my progress. :D

Anyone else currnetly moving or just went through it?

:wave Just moved into my new house last weekend. Thank god the move is over....but I still have a crapload of unpacking to do. :(

At least you can console yourself with housing prices right now. :D

In the process of house hunting as we speak. Its a long process. :D I can't complain too much as prices are real good right now. but still on the hunt so.....

Getting a new house rocks. Moving stuff, sucks. You find out just how much junk you have that you don't need.

At least you can console yourself with housing prices right now. :D

esp in Vegas.

I am curious, how old were some of you when you bought your first house? I'm 28 and just recently made a purchase.

esp in Vegas.

I am curious, how old were some of you when you bought your first house? I'm 28 and just recently made a purchase.

We are on the rebound, but yeah it is pretty good to be a buyer.

I was 28 myself, and had three kids and a wife -- it was passed time. :horror

Had the money at the time, so bought the first home outright at 28, and glad that I didnt get into a loan/mortgage, or the "dead money" cycle of renting. I've been able be in semi-retirement now at the age of 35. All I have to pay are utilities and rates, food etc ..and recently been able to go to uni to persue a degree for personal interest, rather than for necessity.

My sister OTOH, chose to rent in a place called Toorak (one of the rich subs) in Melbourne and did so for 10+ yrs. That rental money could have gone into her own home instead ..but she's all about "status" lol ..well, she recently had to move back with my mother, shes 41.

So I'd recommend anyone younger who has the means, to really consider investing in owning a home/property. Might take a bit of sacrifice for a while, but in the long term makes life easier.

Had the money at the time, so bought the first home outright at 28, and glad that I didnt get into a loan/mortgage, or the "dead money" cycle of renting. I've been able be in semi-retirement now at the age of 35. All I have to pay are utilities and rates, food etc ..and recently been able to go to uni to persue a degree for personal interest, rather than for necessity.

My sister OTOH, chose to rent in a place called Toorak (one of the rich subs) in Melbourne and did so for 10+ yrs. That rental money could have gone into her own home instead ..but she's all about "status" lol ..well, she recently had to move back with my mother, shes 41.

So I'd recommend anyone younger who has the means, to really consider investing in owning a home/property. Might take a bit of sacrifice for a while, but in the long term makes life easier.

I agree with ya 100%! The younger the better! I bought my first house at 21 and here I am 8 years later getting bigger and better!!! :banana

Just bought my first house last November. Guess I'm a late bloomer as I'm 37. It's nice to finally have room and to be able to decorate any way you want. Now I just have to get the collection unpacked.

This is my second time around and am a lot wiser. Glad for the first experience. Know what I want now and what to look for. I think I will make a better choice this time around, me and my husband both.

Back