BUSINESSDOG-WORKSHOP- Elysium + Joy-Ride RUSTY-NAIL + The Last Of Us BILL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessDog

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys

Here is my next custom. Yet another character from Neill Blomkamps movie "Elysium". This is one of Kruger's South African mercenary buddies; Drake.

I decided to go ahead with this character because I think the costume design has a really nice aesthetic to it and is quite unique. There's a lot of hidden little details in there.

hTECbve
hTECbve.jpg

Peter The Painter once again provided the lovely head sculpt with the awesome mohawk.

My biggest concern was building the vest as accurately as I could. It's similar to Kruger's vest, and I planned to build it the same way, but a bit more flat and simplistic. Last time when I made Kruger, my computer was away for repairs (it literally fried), and I wasn't able to print any proper reference pictures or do any planning. It was all freehand (so a little bit wobbly in some places).

This time, I was able to map out the basic shapes and pieces of the vest, print it to scale and use as a template for when I cut the foam pieces out. I found a great reference photo of the vest from an eBay prop/costume sale!

2LTV4Fv
2LTV4Fv.jpg

Zu4AxHy.jpg

Once I had that all planned out, it was just a matter of building up, starting with the camo jacket, cargo pants, repainting the knee/elbow pads etc.
The radio headset was made of bits and pieces of loose head gear, scraps of camo pattern clothing, belts (lol!) and random buckles I could find off anything that didn't need it.

rhdKBmR.jpg

So here is the finished product, and I hope you like!

IW64AJh.jpg

G4tmM0G.jpg

9AY3O62.jpg

T5hMjrr.jpg

I made up a little dystopian Earth/District 9-inspired diorama base.

jMC8il8.jpg

9EaUCec.jpg

3aXgEXT.jpg

vuWtvGP.jpg

Y2xFqbk.jpg

Zu4AxHy

Re: "ELYSIUM" Mercenary DRAKE Custom Figure

fantastic rendition of Drake BuisnessDog, great custom work on the figure and once again your photography and presentation are first rate.

Thanks again for your commission on the sculpt.

Cheers,
Peter.

Can you post pocs of the Krueger? Any plans for Max?

Thanks guys! I don't have any plans for Max.
Maybe Crowe some time in the future though!

Here's some pics of my Kruger I did a couple of months back. I'm a little "meh" over these Kruger photos, and am hoping to do some better and more varied ones the next time I set up for my next figure shoot!

w68nwhy.jpg

2kd038x.jpg

XCmnz4h.jpg

5oBdbNN.jpg

gngt9u6.jpg

hPAfOrS.jpg

41WG1AS.jpg

Attachments

• w68nwhy.jpg
    w68nwhy.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 61
Back