BUILDING your HT Aliens Marines - HELP?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Nice repaint Mikey.... Yeah, you are right about the hair... I think I'm gonna have to fix my repaint as well...

Just got my Hicks in yesterday. Not too hard to put together, except for the torso.... I seriously spent almost an hour just on that piece. But he's done and I could not be happier. It's probably one of my favorite figures and the detail is second to none. I am in awe....

125354092O985432509.jpg

125354113O740642078.jpg

I just broke my Apone out of the box last night. They have been sitting in my closet for a number of months now as I just have not had the time to build them. It will be interesting to see how well this figure goes together tonight!

Just got my heads back from the great DarkArtist81. Now, has anyone else had an extremely difficult time getting the Frontline heads onto the bodies? And does anyone else's Hicks neck seem too wide for the neck hole?

Ironman1188 said:
Just got my heads back from the great DarkArtist81. Now, has anyone else had an extremely difficult time getting the Frontline heads onto the bodies? And does anyone else's Hicks neck seem too wide for the neck hole?

I had to carve out a wider and deeper section from the FL head neck (inner circled area) to get it to fit right, then taped over the HT neck ball joint with a strip of adhesive tape and it worked out great.

It takes a little work, but it can be done. I DO hope you liked them IronMan.... They were the first ones completed and I know I could have done a little better on Hicks. But Apone I was very very proud of. I hope you have no problems getting them on.

I clearcoated the Hell out of them, so I hope no scratching occurs. Those bodies are very "edgy" :monkey2

why does HT make these things so hard to put together?

Hi all I just got my Hicks from DA and I have a quick question. Is there any trick to putting his helmet on... its seems like a really tight fit and I don't want to damage anything :monkey3

EDIT Okay scratch that question... just needed to be a bit more forceful :monkey3

Last edited:
The helmet fits fine...I just can't get the heads on. I'm too afraid of breaking the post and becoming totally screwed. :monkey2

Ironman1188 said:
The helmet fits fine...I just can't get the heads on. I'm too afraid of breaking the post and becoming totally screwed. :monkey2

Microwave a half cup of water for 2 minutes or simply run hot water in your sink, place the head in the heated water for 1 - 2 minutes, remove, dry and pop it on the HT post... that's what I did with my HT Hicks head... should work for your guy too...

pjam said:
Microwave a half cup of water for 2 minutes or simply run hot water in your sink, place the head in the heated water for 1 - 2 minutes, remove, dry and pop it on the HT post... that's what I did with my HT Hicks head... should work for your guy too...

My problem is that I'm using the Frontline custom replacement heads.

Ironman1188 said:
My problem is that I'm using the Frontline custom replacement heads.

See my post #24, I had to fit a FL Apone head onto his HT body by carving a wider, deeper hole from the FL neck post, wrapped the HT neck ball joint with tape and it fit great, needs attention and futzing, but it'll work...

OK, I just built VASQUEZ last night. Urgh! What a nightmare. So, any questions?

VasquezAponepost1.jpg

Someone asked (many moons ago) what the long black strap was on the back of the harness. I have no idea either. I thought maybe it wrapped around the harness 'cross' in the back to help pull it down so that's what I used it for.

The smart-gun is great -- but a little fragile. I snapped the connector plate twice trying to "plug it in". Superglue seems to be holding it fine now, but it certainly can't hold the weight of the gun without Vasqy holding the gun. And her grip is so...well, I know that gun is going to slip from her hands in time. Vasquez is definitely taking a shelf-dive sometime in the future.

I really wanted Drake...up until I put Vasquez together. Now I think one "smart"-gun in my collection is enough.

Where can I get the Frontline heads?

btw - Wor-Gar, looks like you need to paint Apone's hands. They're just a little too white.

decadentdave said:
Where can I get the Frontline heads?

btw - Wor-Gar, looks like you need to paint Apone's hands. They're just a little too white.

Yeah, I gotta paint the hands still.

Google Frontline/Hero heads. The PDF order form has all the heads available from Lonnie.

Back