Building a BETTER KENSHIRO!!! UPDATE 1/2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MISFIT

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings my fellow sideshow freaks!!,
bein a looooonnnngggggg time since i put up sum pics of my stuff, done alotta customising for mates but never took pics due to kak cameras.
Life got in the way and blew up in my face had alotta personal stuff goin on, but have now exorcised the demons!,lol.
so im back!!
ANYWAY onto the project!, sum of ya'll might remember the kenshiro figure from medicom ( one of my FAV anime movies of all time,the original not the crappy remake!), well i was kindly given a medicom figure from an ex but was never to happy with it or the figure :rotfl costume was kak in parts ,figure was to shiny, etc etc, so i FINALLY decided to take a break from star wars and fix kenshiro!!.
here's the basic pics of what he looks like standard, will put up new pics soon! keep yah posted!,
p.s for all u starkiller freaks ( me defo bein one!) the project is BACK ON! so keep an eye out comming VERY SOON!. more soon!

Last edited:
Re: Building a BETTER KENSHIRO!!! UPDATE 1

Cbob my buddy you and dorgmal have got me space marine mad!!,soo gonna get one!,lol, heres the updated pics so far.
just added sum shading with pastel's, lightly sanded down the whole figure to get rid of the shine, stay tuned !!

That already looks much better... I like the odd proportions they tried to mimic with this figure, but Medicom just did not get it right. Shame too as I was pretty stoked when it was first announced :monkey2

Galactiboy: cheers bro, i kinda think they got the muscles down to b fair , the rei figure looks great jus wish they had made raoh., any ideas on the costume guys? im feelin to do a cross between the ps3 game ken's rage and the anime version ,might add a blue tint to it, but defo has to be post-apocolyptic weathered!
kinda like this pic:

thats jsu a pic of wat im aming for,lol, imma try pull it off. your wrk is awesome dude,very inspirin!

lol i know i meant the body rework :)

Cbob my buddy you and dorgmal have got me space marine mad!!,soo gonna get one!,lol, heres the updated pics so far.
just added sum shading with pastel's, lightly sanded down the whole figure to get rid of the shine, stay tuned !!

Galactiboy: cheers bro, i kinda think they got the muscles down to b fair , the rei figure looks great jus wish they had made raoh., any ideas on the costume guys? im feelin to do a cross between the ps3 game ken's rage and the anime version ,might add a blue tint to it, but defo has to be post-apocolyptic weathered!
kinda like this pic:

Sorry, I meant I liked the propotions/musculature Medicom created for him. But the overall figure just didn't work.

cbob: ohh my bad, commin from u i am humbled sir! a great fan
galactiboy: totally get what yr saying amigo, sum thing bout him just off, im prayn my change should bring him out a bit better.

sum more shots of more shading, bouncing between this and starkiller! , camera and lightin kinda kak, aso he looks alot more pinkish and red then he is in reality, anyway hope u enjoyin the progress thus far

way ahead of yah buddy the head and hands are drying as we speak, then onto the weathering of the clothes, thinkin bouit maybe changing the suit to blue?, what u guys think?

Back