Buffy the Vampire Slayer "relaunch"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Buffy It's all about the writing. So no Joss means it's going to suck more ass than the 1st movie:banghead....I wonder if Zac Efron going to take over the Luke Perry role LOL:rotfl

Joss isn't a big fan of the Kazui's, she insisted on directing the feature film and since he was a new writer, he had no say in it or in the misdirection they took the film. I'm sure he'll have no participation in anything that they are involved with.

They were executive producers on the show because it was in the contract for the sale of the feature screenplay - it's pretty standard that the original purchaser of a screenplay has certain rights in any property springing from that screenplay. But their creative input was zero.

They can't use the characters created just for the show because they are owned by Whedon's company and Fox.

I was hoping for Joss to write a Broadway musical based on Buffy - but if the Kazui's spoil the well - I'm sure he'll never want to go back.

Who knows, if this thing is a train wreck then maybe Joss will want to do a Broadway musical to return Buffy to her higher status?

I never liked the Buffy show but my girlfriend is nuts about it. She watches those seasons on DVD all the time. I try to tune out on the computer when it is on.

A Buffy movie would only add to my misery. Please don't.

So this will be like Never Say Never Again to TV-Buffy's Thunderball if the original movie is the Thunderball book? :D
As Joss have said previously he was only asked about doing the TV series as they had to ask him before they could go to someone else, but they didn't think he would say yes.
He was apparantly shut out of the creative process during the filming of the original Buffy and wasn't happy about it.
In the movie business, an Executive Producer credit doesn't really mean a thing. It's a title that you can give to your cousin or to your star to keep them happy, but they are not necesarely involved with the day to day business at all.
Don't know how it is in the TV world as the executive producer is normally the showrunner, but as a rule the more producers and executive producers listed, many have nothing to do with the show but are listed just because the contracts demand it.

If Luke Perry is in this, I wonder how big his forehead will be now?
perry19.jpg

So this will be like Never Say Never Again to TV-Buffy's Thunderball if the original movie is the Thunderball book? :D
As Joss have said previously he was only asked about doing the TV series as they had to ask him before they could go to someone else, but they didn't think he would say yes.
He was apparantly shut out of the creative process during the filming of the original Buffy and wasn't happy about it.
In the movie business, an Executive Producer credit doesn't really mean a thing. It's a title that you can give to your cousin or to your star to keep them happy, but they are not necesarely involved with the day to day business at all.
Don't know how it is in the TV world as the executive producer is normally the showrunner, but as a rule the more producers and executive producers listed, many have nothing to do with the show but are listed just because the contracts demand it.

Yes, in TV the Executive Producer is usually the showrunner, but it could also be someone who just controls the property as in the Kazui's case. Or Tollin/Robbins on Smallville - they put the package together with the writers and the studio, but never had anything to do with the creative direction of the show. Every situation is different.

Back