Buddylee H. Ford Ride Moocher HS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
***Update***

There was some delay as my mold went bad. Took a few tries but I created a new one I was happy with. I'm going to say next week for the initial run of these. I'd like to paint one up to show, but i've been too busy casting. :( We'll see...

Sorry to hear about the mold. :( Something this nice needs time and care to make sure it comes out as awesome as the sculpt. Sign me up for that initial run if you don't mind. :)

***Update***

I'm sitting on a pile of these heads and there's only a few heads left that need some clean up. I'll be visiting comic-con this week and I'm going to try and see if I can paint up a sample. So next week guaranteed. Thanks for everybody's patience!

*UPDATE*

So, I've been experimenting with a ton of ideas on some skin techniques to apply to my head. The best result is what you see here. I pretty much took a junk head print I had and applied the skin test on it and casted it in resin. (ignore the bubble holes! :) )

I'm pretty happy that the texture came through the cast. My next step is to apply the skin to my final head with a bit more care and get a final mold made. Almost there. More to come!

Buddylee_RM12.jpg

Buddylee_RM13.jpg

Hey Buddy lee,

wow that sculpt looks fantastic,
I was wondering what "skin test" you used? is it only for the sculpt if it's in wax or would I be able to do it on super sculpey?

***Update***

I'm sitting on a pile of these heads and there's only a few heads left that need some clean up. I'll be visiting comic-con this week and I'm going to try and see if I can paint up a sample. So next week guaranteed. Thanks for everybody's patience!

Awesome, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :)

Hey Buddy lee,

wow that sculpt looks fantastic,
I was wondering what "skin test" you used? is it only for the sculpt if it's in wax or would I be able to do it on super sculpey?

Sorry, didnt get around to this, but the skin application is done on top of the 3d print using primer paint to create the texture. I would think it wouldnt be an issue to do it on sculpey as long as it was baked first.

Hey duder, I PM'd you with no response. How do I get onto this gravy train?

Sorry I didnt get back to you, but the first batch is done and just waiting. Held off on selling the heads until i've finished painting a head for myself. I'll post up pics and and create an interest thread. Should be up this week. Thanks.

So, finished up the paints on my head. I'm good with it. It can go up on my shelf now and collect dust. :)

One thing i did was create water decals for his hazel colored eyes. Its amazing what the camera picked up because I cant see the details with my own eyes. I'm glad the decals turned out because I'm just too lazy to deal with painting in eyes.

Check back tomorrow for ordering info and more pics. Thanks!

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

F5.jpg

Back