Bruce Lee Movies Discourse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
Just got a set of five Bruce Lee movies, The Big Boss through Game of Death II, all for $15 two days ago, because I had never seen any other than Enter The Dragon, so I am having the time of my life here! :rock
Big Boss RULES! Loved it. On to Fist of Fury. And seeing the EXPENSIVE Enterbay figures, of which I have a nice 2.5 body, and need a good suit or attire for, I am into BL now. Need to get that DRAGON, the Bruce Lee story movie too, but into the real guy at long last.

So, there may be a thread here already, just wanted to start one to jabber in now. Newbie at these, so I have a lot to learn! Man, what fun to though!
AMAZING to watch him work. Can't believe all I knew was Green Hornet and Enter the Dragon. Lots to catch up on!

I think Big Boss was the first one I saw when I was young. I went to the theatre in the big city to see it, and coming out of there was exciting and dangerous. People were coming out of there practicing kicks and punches on anyone close by. :lol Good times.

It was Bruce's role as Kato that initially started my interest in him. He really captured peoples imagination with his flare and started a mass interest in the martial arts for us westerners.

Once I started collecting 1/6th figs, I picked up a couple of cheap Lee renditions. The Medicom line was too expensive, particularly with the lack of likeness and it's penchant for fashion clothes rather than martial arts costumes. It's been a long wait but now we have Enterbay and it's been a glorious tribute to the man.

Bruce Lee is to Enterbay what the Uni Monsters are to Sideshow. I thought the GoD figure would be sufficient to quench my Lee thirst, but I've ended up collecting them all. They're great. I had been thinking of picking up a body and using the Captain Action costume, but now I'll just wait. If I were you Les I'd probably pick it up on ebay. It was reissued under the Playing Mantis banner some time ago, and can be had quite cheaply. Captain Action was just under 12 inches, so the costume should fit perfectly. They were well made costumes too. If you're not familiar with their costumes they come with a rubber mask, face hair and all, to put over your dolls head. As Kato is wearing a mask anyway the likeness doesn't have to be that close, while you source a better head. He can be on your shelf till one arrives.

Last edited:
All of these movies are awesome...
I just wish they released the original versions in the US... not the dubbed ones...
They did it in Europe, why don't they do it here?

I'm tempted to get a multi-region DVD player just for this set...

41TCB262A6L._SS500_.jpg

Most DvD players are multi region, you just need a code to change the setting, which is how they set them before importing them from the factory. You can pay a site to get the code or you can scrounge around till you find a site that's free. Be aware that these codes can be irreversible depending upon the manufacturer or model. Some codes can be changed five times before locking. Just set it to multi region once and forget it.

The set I got has audio in Mandarin or Cantonese, and also English dubbed and subtitled choices. All look pretty nice and original to me. Then again, I don't know about domestic edits and all, but I LOVE the set! It's all I ever want.

Note my avatar. He's having a great influence on me at present. MUST get a BL headsculpt now. And one of the nice figures...if I ever can...

But am loving the movies. Hope to finish Fist of Fury soon. Still halfway in....more to come!

BTW, nice set up there! Does ANY set include ETD also? Is there any that can? Would love to have ALL his movies in one box.

For me Bruce Lee's work stands the test of time and nobody today is even close.

Any 3rd rate fighter can be suspended on wires and do "puppet style" martial arts but Bruce did all but a couple of shots unassisted ( the flip at the beginning of ETD was done with a springboard ) and couldn't get stunt doubles because there wasn't anybody fast enough to match his moves.

Today's martial arts movies may look more spectacular but as real?
Not a chance.

ETD is my favorite but Way of the Dragon is a close second due to the battle with Chuck Norris at the Coliseum and the double nunchaku sequence in the alley fight.

I started to watch these movies pretty late but i rank them like this:

1.Big Boss
2.Enter The Dragon
3.Fist of Fury
4.Way of the Dragon
5.Game of Death(i cant like this movie when it was only 1 scene with Bruce)

I started to watch these movies pretty late but i rank them like this:

1.Big Boss
2.Enter The Dragon
3.Fist of Fury
4.Way of the Dragon
5.Game of Death(i cant like this movie when it was only 1 scene with Bruce)

Then I suggest you buy "Bruce Lee in GOD"! It's part of the set I have in France (with Cantonese, English and French versions, oh, and BTW, did you know that the only film where you hear BL's real voice is in Enter the Dragon? all the others were dubbed!). This DVD is also available in the US and contains the actual 40 minutes with BL. Probably the best fight scenes ever (with the Chuck Norris scene that is!)! And you get to hear Bruce's real voice too there. It's great because it really makes you see what might have been if...
Now, if I had to rank BL's flicks, I think it would go that way:
1- Bruce Lee in GOD
2- Way of the Dragon (poor scenario, but great action!)
3- Enter the Dragon (slightly better scenario, but action is more conventional)
4- Fist of Fury (probably the best story, though not the best BL yet)
5- Game of Death (Yeah, I know, baaaad movie, but iconic outfit!)
6- Big Boss (too basic and still a legend in the making!)

But let's face it, if they were judged by the stories only, none of these movies could go very high. The thing is Bruce Lee was able to transcend those crappy scenarios and in the end, the only thing that mattered is that you could see a living martial art god on screen! Never been anybody like him since! Even Jet Li's an amateur compared to the guy...

Yeah. My buddy owes me drinks from a bet 10 years ago. We were in a college bar and some Bruce Lee movie was on and I swore I saw Jackie Chan. I never let it go. :)

I absolutely can not stand english dubbed movies. The voice acting is always so damn terrible.

Gonna try and find the Chinese speaking Originals on dvd.

Last edited:
Back