Bruce Lee body repaint?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmmBrains

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has experience repainting a Bruce Lee or a similar body? I know it's possible just curious what the best process/materials are. I'm worried about the paint not holding up over time. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
hmmm the rubber doesnt paint well, i heard you can mix paint with latex to hold paint together??

Depends on the thickness of the paint. If its air brushed just to tint its ok. If you are trying to completely change the color I would try dying it.

Elvis did for his Michonne pet. Hopefully he can chime in.

Elvis did for his Michonne pet. Hopefully he can chime in.

I dye my Bruce body for my pets, I dye in dark brwon then retouched it with paint. Paint isn't a very good idea cause the paint will probably rubbed where the body articulates.

I would recommend matching the head to the body.

I dye my Bruce body for my pets, I dye in dark brwon then retouched it with paint. Paint isn't a very good idea cause the paint will probably rubbed where the body articulates.

I would recommend matching the head to the body.

What sort of dye do you use? Like RIT fabric dye?

I have painted a Bruce lee body and had no problems with it even after a year.
I did make the joints wider so they do not rub and lightly sanded the arms to add grip.

Wait I thought the bruce lee torso was like the TTM-19 torso which I thought was Soft Plastic?

Back