Brotherhood of Arms - Your comments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope this line continues. Some other figures I would love to see done would be:

Union:
Joseph Hooker
George Brinton McClellan
George Gordon Meade
Ambrose Everett Burnside
Robert Gould Shaw

Confederacy:
George E. Picket
Ambrose Powell Hill
James Longstreet

Important personalities:
Jefferson Davis
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Beecher Stowe
Clara Barton
John Brown
Frederick Douglass
and the renowned Mathew Brady

Some superbe ideas for more figures here, a few which I had to look up though and it's been great learning. The 54th Mass. Inf. would be a great addition.
I signed up for the 6 pounder waitlist ages ago, but in vain, I suspect it's one of those waitlist they just forgot to close.
Meanwhile my Gen.Grant arrived, as did the Potomac Officer and the 2nd Wisconsin Infantry. Still need to assemble them though.

@Masaoken:
I can think of several foreign leaders (mostly European, including Napoleon) who did "certain things that he should not have done". So what is the purpose of this thread??

The point of this thread has nothing to do with what you commented on; I just made the remark that for europeans some ACW figures are in a different light than for americans which is interesting in certain cases. It's not something I want to start discussing here so I guess I should not have mentioned it. I just like you guys to tell me which 12"ers are good and why you like them. One would think the thread title makes that pretty obvious. If I just felt like bashing a few of your heroes' names I wouldn't even be interested in this line now would I.

Hey Doomhammer,
I hope SS decides to make a 54th Mass. soldier. To have a figure that represents the first African-American regiment in American history would be very welcomed in my home.
The ACW was such a unique time in America's history; I just thought that having an "Important Personalities" line would surely compliment this already remarkable line. Just think of what it would be like if there was no such thing as the "Red Cross." Clara Barton as a nurse during the ACW would be really cool. The people I mentioned prior had a huge impact on the course of America's history outside of the famous generals. I would love for SS to touch on some of these. Any comments?

I too figured that putting my name on the Federal 6 pounder wait list would be a long shot seeing that it sold out two years ago but I still like to dream. ;) I've searched Ebay high and low for quite some time to no avail.

Here's a quick shot of my BOA collection:

CSBOA.jpg

USBOA.jpg

Hope you like.

Back