Bronze Vader Sold out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a cool piece, but CLEARLY for a certain market. A market with $4,000 + to spend on Star Wars, but they're there. Hell if I had that king of cash to blow on this I would.

I still have a problem with Vader looking so thin. I have included a reference photo for comparison :rotfl

Seriously, though, I think the Vader statue is too thin. Especially in the chest. I would really, really like to see this corrected before the piece goes into production. Hopefully either Sideshow or LFL suggests feeding that poor guy a hamburger before the final weigh-in.

Here's a better comparison pic. The statue on the left is the Attakus Vader I. The Attakus version looks right on the money to me.

Sideshow, please correct. :stick

Credit: The Attakus photo came from the Last Alliance Gallery under "Witchking of Angmar's" album.

Seriously considered it, but it just isn't 4500.00 impressive to me. I think a bronze dio of Vader and Obi clashing sabers would've loosened my wallet, but this is just plain blah. Gandalf bronze is MUCH more impressive.

Couldn't even BEGIN to fathom spending this much money on ANY "collectible."

I mean, I'm poor, but even if I could afford it I couldn't do it.

$4,750's are all gone, and now starting on the $5,000 level!

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

JS

JSA said:
$4,750's are all gone, and now starting on the $5,000 level!

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

JS
No way. People have some serious cash. I definitely had to pass on this one.

His pose isnt even that impressive. And he looks feeble. He just has a thin, sickly, "I'm going to pinch you look".

I also think that the Gandalf is WAY more impressive.

If I had that kind of cash to piss out, I'd prob put it toward something that I could enjoy with the family.......more so than a statue.......not that statues arent enjoyed by the family......You know what I'm sayin'!

Congats to those that have it like that!!

The "thin/sickly" thing is a problem that needs to be fixed on a $4000-$5000 statue.

But I really like the pose. It's my favorite pose on a Vader statue to date, just barely edging out the Attakus I. Though, the Attakus I would probably win if it's flanked by a pair of Stormtroopers. But 1:1 I like the Sideshow pose better.

The scaled buying sucks. Why pay $1000 more for the same piece on pre-order! Sideshow booha! I am sorry, I am a serious collector, have over 100 items from Sideshow, but this blows big time.

Daveyjaro said:
The scaled buying sucks. Why pay $1000 more for the same piece on pre-order! Sideshow booha! I am sorry, I am a serious collector, have over 100 items from Sideshow, but this blows big time.

Actually, I've never liked the "sliding scale" tactic either... feels almost like blackmail; buy it now, or you'll have to pay more...

Don't like it either. Some one needs to ask them why they do it. Want to hear their explanation. :)

I honestly think it just has to do with demand. They want you to feel like you have to rush to get the best price. Don't hesitate or it's gone tactic. They are kind of like their own secondary market in a sense, as the quantity decreases, the price adjusts accordingly. I think it stinks too but Sideshow is a business and they are out to make as much profit as they can...plus this system is working for their bronze releases.

Sorry Sideshow, This is cool but I want the Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Bronze bust someday. Now, If it was a Boris Karloff Frankenstein & Mummy Bronze, Those, I WOULD FIND A WAY to shell out the money for!

The Monster

The Monster said:
Sorry Sideshow, This is cool but I want the Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Bronze bust someday. Now, If it was a Boris Karloff Frankenstein & Mummy Bronze, Those, I WOULD FIND A WAY to shell out the money for!

The Monster

Don't be surprised to see a classic monster or 2 after the success of Darth. They could sell quite a few bronze pieces if they really wanted to. Who knows...maybe they'll try a few more now.

tomandshell said:
Only a few of these left!

They are pretty close to making nearly a quarter of a million dollars in about a week's time.
Master Replicas made over a half a million in 14 minutes when they sold 1250 ANH Luke EE's at $500 a pop!

Damn! :monkey1

$625,000 smackaroos in minutes!! Nice...

Back