Broken Medicom Boba

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not so much poor design as it is shoddy materials.

Yes and no. They anchored the hip to the buttock vs. the pelvis. Add the cheapassed eggshell stem, drive an anchoring screw through the stem (further weakening it) and it's a recipe for disaster. Any rotation back and forth puts the sole focus of force on that stem, more directly the base of that stem vs. being distributed throughout the pelvis as is the case with other 1:6 figures as well as the human body.

I thought I was lucky since i hadn't had any problems with mine yet. And behold, today I moved the left arm just a little and I noticed it was very loose. I broke it...I can't freakin' believe it. I have taken so much care of this figure...

don't be so hard on yourself, as i said elsewhere, it doesn't matter how much care you take with medicom toys, the cheap plastic they use for the bodies will eventually break under normal use.

spam1.jpg

I just got an extra Medi Jango and both his arm & leg are broken. I just wanted to make sure that this was the right body to get.
TTM-10africanamerican_slim-big.jpg

That's gonna take a hell of a lot of work and the hands are completely incompatible.

Actually no... its not too bad of a job for Jango. The fit is a bit tight in the shoulders, but once you've got him assembled he's good to go.

But there is one or two mods you need to make.

First off you will need to dremmel out the wrist joint on the HT figure. The medicom wrist pegs are too thick, so I just gradually widened the wrist until it fit.

I don't think the neck is compatible with the Medicom head. Luckily I had an Ace neck joint sitting around and it worked perfectly.

I think that was all. Took about an hour or so to do and I was happy with the result as Jango ended up being a bit taller and thicker bodied making him look in scale to the Sideshow figures.

Sadly I can't seem to find any images of mine, but if you have a broken Jango its worth the effort, although I guess the slim TT is too tall for Boba.

No, or my plan definitely wouldn't have worked :lol

I'll try and post a pic later of the assembled wrist... but there is enough diameter to the slim wrist that you can bore out a bit of the plastic and get it to work.

It was a bit trial and error to get the right fit, but it worked great in the end.

Back