Action Figure Breaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YT74

Super Freak
Reaction score
I started work on my Breaker custom using Skiman's excellent repaint of the Rock N Roll head (Thanks Again Ski!!). I have a lot of futzing to do and I plan to make a backpack for him reminiscent of the ARAH original.

imagepnng.jpg

I dig it :cool:

I really wish Sideshow would ditch the current helmets they are using, that goggle mount thing is ugly.

I really wish Sideshow would ditch the current helmets they are using, that goggle mount thing is ugly.

I hear you! I thought about dremeling the darn thing off, but for the sake of uniformity, I guess I will live with it.

You got two options:
#1) use clay or apoxie and paint it....

or...

#2) find a small plastic ball.

Heck you could probably even use a real piece of gum and let it harden :lol

:clap
I dig it :cool:

I guess if you want to go for a strictly 1985 look then its probably best to get rid of them, but if you wanted figures that have a modern feel it wouldn't make sense to have an elite force wearing second hand old helmets. :dunno

Btw, that Breaker face looks almost like a real face shopped in there, Ski's customs are getting scary.

Nice Breaker.

I agree on the optics mount. If it's not being used one shouldn't be on the helmet.

Working on the pack:

I cut up an ammo insert I had in the parts box.
imagexqg.jpg

Put the pieces together and started skinning it with styrene. The free hotel key variety.
imageauxs.jpg

Some sanding to get the proper angle.
imageqsh.jpg

Structurally the pack is pretty much done:
imageduys.jpg

A mock up showing the greeblies I am going to use for the pack details. Should I paint the electronic components and the whole pack the same color of leave the components unpainted with their markings intact? I am leaning towards a dark grey or nato black for everything.
imagemoz.jpg

Don't paint over the components, but give them some weathering.

I completely ruined the pack, I was touching up some things with the beltsander and...I'm back to square one. I hate it when my AR leads to disaster and it usually does!

I completely ruined the pack, I was touching up some things with the beltsander and...I'm back to square one. I hate it when my AR leads to disaster and it usually does!

LOL. Sorry to hear that. Belt sander and something made out of credit card material probably don't mix.

Great work all the way around, don't worry about breaking stuff it just makes you better and more experienced.

I lost my hand to King Darkness's Road Pig pads the other day, so work might be a little "slow", no pun intended but I'm still smiling! :)

Ski

After the little incident with the first pack and a belt sander.
I started again:
imagecaf.jpg

And finished:
imageydi.jpg

imagebhje.jpg

imagemhol.jpg

imageuahc.jpg

A few more futzes to the loadout and such and I will be done!

Back