Bowen Designs Thor Destroyer! Low ES (200)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bowen Designs Thor Destroyer!

I also think that Daredevil is more popular amongst the General populace (not reading comics)..But the comic fans will tell you that Thor is a more important character.

Your joking of course. DD has been a top tier character for 40+ years. Thor would certainly not be in the top 5. Maybe top 10 same as DD.

Spider-man
Hulk
Wolverine
Ironman (after movies)
Captain America
Daredevil
Silver Surfer
Thor
Thing & FF
Jean Grey

Not joking in the slightest, and everyone knows that Wolverine is solidly #2. Where are the Avengers or X titles? I had no idea DD was over 40 years old, I thought he came around in the late 70's. Titles like DD, Punisher, Namor I never saw at the spinning racks in grocery or bookstores when I was a kid, they were only available at a comic shop.

Last edited:

The thing with Thor is he isn't even an original idea but based on Norse mythology. Which is fine of course.

I remember that Thor got a huge bump after the movie "Adventures in Babysitting". I can't imagine how big he'll be if the movie kicks ass.

Yeah like the whole design, premise, story etc LOL.

Not joking in the slightest, and everyone knows that Wolverine is solidly #2. Where are the Avengers or X titles? I had no idea DD was over 40 years old, I thought he came around in the late 70's. Titles like DD, Punisher, Namor I never saw at the spinning racks in grocery or bookstores when I was a kid, they were only available at a comic shop.

Wow I'm surprised that people don't know their characters. Namor and Cap have been around since the 1940's and DD came in 1964 so yeah these guys are old. Namor has had his own title off and on for years but Marvel hasn't done much with him for years in terms of his own title.

Actually Nightwing is more of a rip off of Daredevil LOL.

Namor is Marvel Gold but he does not have a huge following.

As much as I like Bill, he is still 2nd best to Thor.
Too bad Thor lost 2 0utta 2 fights with him before they decided to become friends out of necessity and eventually "brothers". He's got all the strength and powers of Thor plus a better hammer and outfit.
Oh,and a bad a$$ sentient battleship.

Too bad Thor lost 2 0utta 2 fights with him before they decided to become friends out of necessity and eventually "brothers". He's got all the strength and powers of Thor plus a better hammer and outfit.
Oh,and a bad a$$ sentient battleship.

Here is the breakdown of Thor and Bill's fights.

1st fight- Thor and Bill fight for awhile and Thor is actually getting the better of Bill but Bill knocks out Don Blake as Thor has been away from Mjolnir too long. So Bill didn't knock out Thor but poor ole Dr. Blake. So the first fight goes to Bill 1................. Don Blake 0

2nd fight is a Double TKO in a place that favors Bill's home and living conditions (Bill comes from a very hot burning place). Bill is the first to revive from the intense heat.

3rd fight Blood and Thunder Thor makes Bill run for his life. Power Gem is the trump card here.

Overall score? Nobody wins a clear concise victory but based on the previous fights that favors neither character Thor would win as he can always call down lightening and bust a move on Bill.

BTW Bill copies Thor and not Thor copying Bill. Imitation is the best form of flattery. :joy

I could be off, but I would have to rank Thor & DD at probably the same level as far as popularity goes. Personally though, I like Thor way better. Been a huge Thor fan since the Simonson run and he's remained one of my all time favorite Marvel characters. The Lord of Asgard/Earth storyline was fantastic too :rock

As far as this statue goes - I love it, but won't pay SRP on it - way overpriced for what it is. I'll probably try for one later on ebay or something..

Back