Bowen Designs Mystique Updated Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SS version still gets my vote cause it's an Adam Hughes design and he's one of my favorite artists. The Bowen version looks way better now though and I think it's a very, very close second to SS's. If the final statue looks like that it'll be tough not to want to pick it up as well.

Im also not digging the face on the Sideshow one. everything else is nice, but this bowen one looks much better.

Come on peeps, play nice, referring to the deleted posts - there's no need for personal insults and snyde remarks.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just because it may differ from yours, doesn't make it wrong, lets just leave it please.
Thanks
Shell
x :peace

Last edited:
I love that design, hope the face will look exactly like that.

Here's an update on Mystique...

262tmyt.jpg

This is how Mystique is supposed to look:joy:joy

I like them both. But the one thing that bugs me about bowen is there stuff is lifeless.... like you have this dry pose and reused expression. All there statues look same. At least the SS has an attitude to it in the face... it looks the same as white queen! its like bowen reused the sculpt from WQ.

It's a beautiful statue and the face looks like Mystique. The Sideshow's face is a little mannish even though I'm getting that one as well.

I like this version, too. But then again, I'm crazy for Mystique!:winner

It's not bad. I just think SS is far better. I mean these Bowen statues all retail for $170+. SS gives you these same characters at a larger scale and they flat out look better for the same price! Oh yeah....don't forget those fabulous AH! prints that are thrown in as well.:D

It's not bad. I just think SS is far better. I mean these Bowen statues all retail for $170+. SS gives you these same characters at a larger scale and they flat out look better for the same price! Oh yeah....don't forget those fabulous AH! prints that are thrown in as well.:D

people who buy these at retail are suckers, maybe one in 20 bowen pieces will keep their retail price on ebay, most fall off drastically. so i guess you're right that they aren't worth as much as ssc AH pieces :naughty

.............Depends if you're lucky!:D

Plus sideshow generally makes nice bases. Mystique is a prime example.

That is one HUGE advantage I give SS over Bowen. SS female statues look much better than the Bowen counterparts. Bowen's Black Queen, White Queen, and Mystique just don't measure up to SS!

Its Bowen needs to step up their female line up.

Back