Bought new Shelves!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optimus

Super Freak
Reaction score
As you may remember I started this tread a while back asking you to help me choose color for my new display.
I went with the black (actually very very dark brown) and some lighting.

Here's the pics!

hyllor01.jpg

hyllor02.jpg

hyllor03.jpg

hyllor04.jpg

hyllor05.jpg

hyllor06.jpg

hyllor07.jpg

As you can see, my room is pretty small, just enough space for my bed, so this'll have to do for now :D

THOSE are some pretty BAD@SS shelves!!! and the lighting too!
awesome!

What a great display and amazing shelves. Did you make them yourself?

If they are available to purchase please let us know!

Thanks

Last edited:
How much weight will they support? I love those shelves as well, and may have to end up getting some myself! Also, how well sealed are they? Will they keep out dust well? We need answers man!!!!

I remember your original thread. I'm glad you went with the black instead of birch or white. Your display looks classy and clean. Great job on the set-up!!

great display (and collection !)
the shelves look better in your room than in the pics you posted, are they Ikea Besta?,and is the lightning made with Ikea TRETTIOEN ?
congrats, and thanks for the pics.

Wow those are awesome! Do you buy the shelves like that, or did you have to build some of it? If you bought them, what are they?

Bodie The Cursed said:
Nice looking shelves.. Are they in anyway wall mountable?.. I hate displaying collectibles "floor level"..

The setup is VERY nice; but I have to agree with Bodie and the 'floor level' thing. To me it seems like I'm walking into a comic shop and they're on display there. It would be awesome if there was some sort of pedestal these shelves could sit on, it would give it more of a museum look. Just my 2 cents.

DannieDarKo: A PM awaits you...

dr2red: They are from Ikea. The shelves are called BESTÅ and the lighting is TRETTIOEN.

carbo-fation: See answer above.

lcummins: Each shelve supports 66lb. They are seald although not to 100% so I guess there will be some dusting involved :rolleyes:

Marcus is not dead: You are absolutley right. All hail mighty Ikea :emperor

Mike1065: You'll have to assemble (spelling?) them yourself.

Bodie The Cursed: Not sure what you mean by wallmountable.You probably could hang them on the wall if you wanted to, but no brackets are included.
One unit (wide) wheighs 88lb.

The ill Jedi: You can buy "legs" for the shelves. Ikea allso sell these :monkey1

I hope all your questions have been answerd. If not, ask again :D
Thanks for looking!

Well I checked my ikea's in Canada and they do not offer that style.
Bummer:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Perhaps it is a new style only available in Sweden but will come here later.

dr2red said:
Well I checked my ikea's in Canada and they do not offer that style.
Bummer:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Perhaps it is a new style only available in Sweden but will come here later.

Another nice looking shelve is DOCENT. I was going to buy that first but they stopped producing it here in sweden. Think it's available in Canada/US.

That may be the second classiest setup I've seen next to Gruson's.

I'll cry tears of joy if they ever build an Ikea here. :monkey2

Optimus thanks for the response bro. Lonnie here is going to stop by his local IKEA here in the states and hopfully they carry you current setup. His Ikea is about and hour away. Heres hoping! :rock

DannieDarKo said:
Optimus thanks for the response bro. Lonnie here is going to stop by his local IKEA here in the states and hopfully they carry you current setup. His Ikea is about and hour away. Heres hoping! :rock

Fingers crossed!

Back