Boot25 Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.
I've been working on a tutorial that I hope to have done soon. It would be great if more people tried this, it really isn't as hard as some people would have you believe.

Too bad, my friend...hehe
When are you going to do a bad paintjob? I think never.

Awesome paint, master!!:yess:

I've seen a few of these Hitch's painted up and always thought the sculpt was the problem because it never looked right to me. It always looked too rough and unfinished.

Boy was I WRONG! Just needed the right painter. John, that paint up is a beaut!!!

Sick job.

I've seen a few of these Hitch's painted up and always thought the sculpt was the problem because it never looked right to me. It always looked too rough and unfinished.

Boy was I WRONG! Just needed the right painter. John, that paint up is a beaut!!!

Sick job.
Thanks,
It's basically a good sculpt. It lacks a bit of refinement, but overall I liked it.

Thanks,
It's basically a good sculpt. It lacks a bit of refinement, but overall I liked it.

I think the refinement part is where a good painter comes in. I've seen some awesome sculpts made average looking by a lackluster paintjob, but you did an amazing job at adding the refinement.

I've see what you've done with Dragon's early headsculpts and I always knew you could bring them to life.

Thanks.
Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

you're cranking them out! wow each one is stunning. you have an amazing smooth style to all your paintjobs, i love it!

Really glad to know your tutorial is coming. I've saved a few bits of advice you've offered from time to time...like using a mechanical pencil to establish the iris outline so you can get a channel for the paint to flow into...one day soon I'll sit down, take a deep breathe, and give it a whirl...many thanks for the inspiration, John.

Another Durden

Been painting a bunch of these lately. A real nice sculpt by Daniel.
387026879.jpg

Wow! That's perfect and no cat eyes like I seen on a few others. :)

:rotfl

I think thats the correct terms, mate. :lol

that said, (I know Im prolly gonna get flamed) although thats a nice paint job, that just doesnt look like pitt to me:gah:

Ive given up all hopes now, dont get me wrong, its a nice looking sculpt, as I bought that sunohc sculpt too. But looking at the work of the 2 masters (smalls_studios and boots25) of this paint up, Im just not 'sold'.

My last hope goes to kuato. I hope he could tackle this one better, and if he does, hope he'll help me paint this one up. :pray:

Re: Another Durden

387026879.jpg

wow!
that looks awesome,
the skin toning you did looks like you painted on wax skin!

i don't know if this'll help (i have yet to paint one myself) but i think some parts of his hair may be a little darker (goatie chin, and eyebrows), the same color you did the top hair.

https://community.spiceworks.com/images/users/0000/5709/tyler_durden.jpg
https://www.moviecompound.com/features/images/1tylerdurden.jpg

otherwise your paintjob looks damn amazing to me.... gah the skin tones... incredible! :clap

btw: can i get your permission to post these pics on my website? :)

Re: Another Durden

387026879.jpg

After seeing that i am gutted i didnt get the sculpt now! John thats just amazing! Every paint up so far i have seen has made this likeness look terrible imo. However this paint proves the eyes are just fine and the likeness is spot on

Amazing amazing job! One lucky guy that has that coming!!!

Back