Action Figure Bone Armor Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks dude. Yeah I just wanted to make sure to send any business I can his way. :)

Base looks good. I thought the Classic Pred came with a base similar to the original P1 release but I guess not. It comes with the big animal skin thing.

To paint it? Probably about two hours but that included waiting for the acrylics to dry. Sitting in the chair actually painting it only took me maybe 10 minutes? The waiting for paint to dry aspect is what I find most frustrating about painting.

The whole figure I did over several days but overall probably a few hours. I like to work on stuff and then walk away and clean, write, illustrate, watch a movie, etc, and then come back and work on it more. I also really like working on stuff where I can take a day before coming back to it since that time to think and the perspective it gives you can bring on new ideas or solutions to problems.

I also do A LOT of research. Probably half the time I spent on this custom was just doing research. Spending a lot of time looking through concept artwork and screencaps from movies and games as well as fan art and fan sculptures.

Were the pictures too dark? I didn't realize until after I had taken them that I had dropped the aperture back down to 1.6/ƒ so they have very short depth of field. For macro stuff I usually like to do at least an 8/ƒ.

If you specifically want to do the thing with the skull, it was really hard to pull apart and cut. I had to add additional sculpted bits to the underside of the skull so it would fit on his shoulder. The jaw had to be heated up and re-shaped as well.

I thought it was going to be a lot easier than it was.

Back