Boba Fett Show of Hands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you canceled your PF Boba Fett?

• Yes

Votes: 45 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 32.2%
  • Undecided whether to cancel or not

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Didn't order Boba Fett

Votes: 50 33.6%

• Total voters
Well, whatever the case, I won't be getting my Fett until after April 10th, due to the FlexPay schedule. :monkey2

Happily cancelled. Right decision for me. Couldn't live with myself for spending so much money on ABS, even though it will be the best Boba Fett sculpt out there. Congrats on those getting it.

Seretur said:
Money spent on abs is still better than money spent on a beer gut...

...according to some. :duff

Easy solution: Find a good woman who will help you "work off" your beer gut.

:monkey5

Seretur said:
Oh God, Gambit... FedEx is charging you THAT MUCH?

Why don't you switch to Royal Mail? They're about three times cheaper.

I can't

SS sends with FEDEX and my experiences shows that it is the most trustable and quick one, which also in many case avoids custom taxes ;)

110 $ is ok with me actually as I am paying 350 $ for shipment to FEDEX for other Premium format items I am buying from ebay or other sources :D

Dave, I don't think the look of the statue is the root issue of the latest debate over it... it's the fact that SSC changed all of the hard materials to ABS but is still charging Polystone prices.

Anyway, we've been through that a gazillion times. Can't wait to see pics when these start showing up. Then, if I like it, I can't wait to pick one up off the secondary market for far less than $325. :chew

gambit said:
I can't

SS sends with FEDEX and my experiences shows that it is the most trustable and quick one, which also in many case avoids custom taxes ;)

110 $ is ok with me actually as I am paying 350 $ for shipment to FEDEX for other Premium format items I am buying from ebay or other sources :D

Well, if FedEx gets you out of customs, that would explain it a bit. In my experience, though, FedEx in Croatia accrues the customs charges usually reserved for corporate entities -- they're totally not considering me as a private citizen, with the result that I have had to pay truly exorbitant fees for items I used to buy from Sideshow's US warehouse ($100 for three SS/W helms, or $200 for a PF), on top of their shipping charges.

So eventually I had enough, and I asked Sideshow to serve me from their EU warehouse, as Croatia is now in membership talks and will become a full member within a few years. (Much like Turkey, hopefully.) And the EU warehouse doesn't serve EU countries exclusively, anyway (Switzerland, Norway). So now I enjoy the Royal Mail shipping charges, which are much lower, and the regular mail customs charges, which are around 50% lower.

And, of course, they're just as reliable when it comes to getting the item to my door undamaged.

The only nitpick I still have is that Sideshow is charging me the EU VAT, even though the Croatian VAT system isn't yet integrated with the EU system, so I pay VAT twice, and that does accumulate to quite a nice chunk of money.

It's still a LOT cheaper than going by FedEx, a company I'll never trust again as long as I live.

I wish I could speed up the flexpay I don't want to have to wait. Thats is Im emailing them.

It's inconceivable to me (and yes, I know what it means) that anyone can still be complaining about the materials.

I think it's been explained that SSC used the only materials they could to deliver the piece. It actually cost them MORE to produce it this way, not less.

Let's let the owners decide when it's finally in hand - TOMORROW!

Darklord Dave said:
It's inconceivable to me (and yes, I know what it means) that anyone can still be complaining about the materials.

I think it's been explained that SSC used the only materials they could to deliver the piece. It actually cost them MORE to produce it this way, not less.

Let's let the owners decide when it's finally in hand - TOMORROW!

Maybe this is clear cut evidence that today's collectors are educated consumers and they have a problem with the retail cost to materials used ratio. Sideshow should listen to these complaints because obviously people are passionate in the fact that they are feeling ripped off.

kodiak8658 said:
Maybe this is clear cut evidence that today's collectors are educated consumers and they have a problem with the retail cost to materials used ratio. Sideshow should listen to these complaints because obviously people are passionate in the fact that they are feeling ripped off.

How can anyone feel ripped off when no one even has this statue yet? :confused:

Darth Loki said:

Agreed. I don't see how he can feel ripped off either when you could have canceled it over a month ago when this debate started or you can still send it back if you don't like it.

It's not a rip off if you like it and keep it.

The people I do feel bad for are those that ordered from dealers. If they aren't satisfied, they had to deal with a cancellation fee or trying to sell this back at a loss.

Darth Loki said:
The people I do feel bad for are those that ordered from dealers. If they aren't satisfied, they had to deal with a cancellation fee or trying to sell this back at a loss.

i mos defenetly agree with that. I have had countless problems with my comic shop over these types of issues, mainly paying cancellation fees.:eek:

Darth Loki said:

DUH???? $325 for an ABS statue. If you don't feel ripped off paying full price for a statue made of less quality materials, I've got a macaroni baseball bat for sale.

Back