Premium Format Boba Fett Premium Format Figure - New Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boba Fett (new version)

I really hope Hot Toys (given their recent taking on SW and the BTTF DeLorean as an example) or maybe even Sideshow themselves (a long shot) might take it upon themselves to make an accurate looking Slave 1 someday, i have seen others out there, but they all have that cheap plasticy look. Would be nice to put one of decent size next to this beauty. Maybe i have just been looking at the wrong places... I think his ship is just as iconic as the character itself.

Something completely different, but ever since this Boba Fett was revealed at SDCC i always wondered what those two block thingies at the end of the ramp/tower are supposed to be. ^^'

There are rumblings EFX will make a studio scale Slave 1, but in the interim I would recommend the Code 3.

The pictures are absolutely amazing! I'm also glad that there is some head movement. Not so hyped about the ex rifle, but I wasn't going to order the ex anyway.

But at $440 it's definitely not a cheap one, so I'll probably end up selling my 1/6 Fett.

I'm very curious about the height and other specs.

There are rumblings EFX will make a studio scale Slave 1, but in the interim I would recommend the Code 3.

From what i gather, they've been hinting at that for years, we'll see. As for the Code 3 version, i did look for it, but it's incredibly hard to find and when i do, it sells for ridiculous prices. Did come a (quite) a bit late to the party though as it was released back in 2004.

With SS's speederbike, maybe there's a slim chance that they'll take SW vehicles/ships into their future planning some more... I guess there's always the finemolds 1:72 scale Slave 1, but i suck with these "do it yourself" kits and doing a decent paintjob. :lol

How tall this piece is?

Only a days wait till we know. Safe bet is 65/66 cm, i think.

yeah, I am surprised at what most of the code3 stuff goes for these days. You could get them all (well maybe except the xwing and at-st) for 50% off at one time. it is a shame they did not continue the line. I am lucky enough to own all of them (except the prequel vehicle) and still marvel at how well they hold up after all these years...

Man, that's a big bump in the price....... but it's Boba Fett and I can't pass it up. :lol

I wonder if Vader will be the same OR more...

In that post? Lucasfilm I imagine.

Thanks!

Lol he's doing a CBG thing me thinks

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I swear, I'm not. :lol

So far, I've gotten LSF, COH, and this unrelated-to-PFs-LF down. haha

Wow...what a huge price increase. PFs are now entering 1:1 prop replica territory in pricing. Time to bow out of the PF game. $440 for a skateboarding Fett? Nope...not worth it for a way overrated side character.

Man, that's a big bump in the price....... but it's Boba Fett and I can't pass it up. :lol

I wonder if Vader will be the same OR more...

Thanks!

I swear, I'm not. :lol

So far, I've gotten LSF, COH, and this unrelated-to-PFs-LF down. haha
Lol k hahaha bro you had me for a while lol

Lol k hahaha bro you had me for a while lol

Haha, it's all good! :duff: I'm incredibly naive when embarking in new territory but I'll catch onto the PF world quick. :wink1:

Boba Fett – See why they call him the best bounty hunter in the galaxy
300152_press02-900x600.jpg
Inspired by his brief, but unforgettable appearance in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Sideshow is proud to present the Boba Fett Premium Format™ Figure.
300152_press03-399x600.jpg
A name that strikes fear in the hearts of fugitives across the galaxy, Sideshow’s artists have captured every detail of the infamous Boba Fett as he scouts his mark from a high rise platform in Bespin’s Cloud City.
300152_press06.jpg
Blaster at the ready, the elite bounty hunter commands the advantage with his custom fit Mandalorian armor and jetpack, while his poseable cape, helmet and rangefinder allow collectors to create the perfect dynamic display, down to the last detail.
300152_press17.jpg
Recruited by Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt to hunt down the Millenium Falcon, this time he’s got a hefty bounty in his sights, as the elusive Han Solo has evaded him for the last time…

Sideshow Exclusive Edition
3001521_press021.jpg
Arm Boba Fett with his BlasTech Industries EE-3 Blaster Rifle Mark II swap-out accessory, available only with the Sideshow Exclusive Edition (shown below).

Artist Credits

Zane Yarbrough (Design)
Keith Kopinski (Design)
Zac Roane (Design)
Michael Norman (Sculpt)
Walter O’Neal (Sculpt)
Earl Ellis (Sculpt)
Pascual Wawoe (Sculpt)
Adam Smith (Mold & Cast)
Chadwick Andersen (Mold & Cast)
Michael Woodring (Mold & Cast)
Bernardo Esquivel (Paint)
Alex Alva (Paint)
Dan Mahler (Costume)
Sideshow Design & Development Team
The regular and Exclusive editions of Boba Fett Premium Format™ Figure will be priced at $439.99.
Pre-orders begin this Thursday, October 9th.

Enter for a Chance to Win!
Sideshow is giving fans a chance to win a Boba Fett Premium Format™ Figure before he is released for pre-order. Click here
boba1.jpg

More Pictures here

For some reason, I'm reminded of this:
Legolas Shield Surfing/Sliding - YouTube

That being said, I think it does look really nice. The PFs I have (Chewie/Han) and the ones I'm interested in possibly picking up (Leia, ANH Luke, Tarkin) are in pretty stationary poses, so I think he'd be out of place in my collection. But glad everyone seems pleased with this! :)

I thought this would be $400. Although this will be my first 1/4 statue, I thought most of these things were $400, no?

Either way, pre ordering this, then waiting on Darth Vader.

I am really tempted to start branching out into other lines like the 1/4 Bats and Cap, maybe even Superman too...

I thought this would be $400. Although this will be my first 1/4 statue, I thought most of these things were $400, no?

Either way, pre ordering this, then waiting on Darth Vader.

I am really tempted to start branching out into other lines like the 1/4 Bats and Cap, maybe even Superman too...

Nearly all new PFs are now in the $400 territory, but it didn't start out that way. They are a great collectible line, no matter what license.

Careful though, many of us tend to run out of space really quick when purchasing these beauties.

Nearly all new PFs are now in the $400 territory, but it didn't start out that way. They are a great collectible line, no matter what license.

Careful though, many of us tend to run out of space really quick when purchasing these beauties.

That's very true as I currently have 2 PFs I can't display so I have to do the rotate thing between statues & give them all an airing but not full time (at the moment anyway), keeps things fresh though. :)

Back